No signal related to compatibility?

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently purchased the p3 4k and have had no signal issues to the point of frustration. I can operate the drone normally and move the gimball using my RC but I have no live feed and the app shows the red 'no signal' sign. Sometimes turning power on and off from everything fixes the issue but only for a few minutes. The best Ive had is 5minutes of flight but then I loose live feed in mid flight and Im forced to fly the drone back 'blind'. I have the latest firmware and have tried everything I could think of.

Ive started to wonder if the problem has to do with a compatibility issue. I have never lost control of my drone, only the video feed. Im using a Samsung tab A and Samsung s4 with the operating system up to date. These are not on the recommended list of devices.

Has anyone had the same issue and has it resolved by changing into a 'recommended device'? Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

When you loose video, do you also loose Telemetry (Elevation, Distance, Number of Satellite, etc)

To add, everything but visual feed seem to work. I can take photos and record video but have no idea what im getting because I have no visual.

The Phantom Standard sends live picture and telemetry (WiFi Frequencies) to the Remote. The remote sends out WiFi signal just like an access point, that is what your mobile connects to.

I think you got a good connection to your remote. If your loosing video and telemetry, then that would poor signal from the bird to the remote. I would re-link remote to bird. If your just loosing video and because your getting an error message I would think that is a hardware problem (bad unit).
A mobile device problem would be poor video quality, or the app crashes.
View your flight logs, when you loose telemetry, your flight logs will be cut up. Instead of one log per flight they may be two or more.
If you video recordings don't drop out, then the camera of coarse is working.

I flew my P2V+ for about 60 days with same problem, maybe 10-20 seconds of video 1 out 4 times, 3 out of 4 nothing. I gave up and sent it in for repair.

I assume your P3 4k is the same as P3S, on how it handles signals. If I am wrong somebody will let us know.

Reactions: Jackjonez
The Phantom Standard sends live picture and telemetry (WiFi Frequencies) to the Remote. The remote sends out WiFi signal just like an access point, that is what your mobile connects to.

I think you got a good connection to your remote. If your loosing video and telemetry, then that would poor signal from the bird to the remote. I would re-link remote to bird. If your just loosing video and because your getting an error message I would think that is a hardware problem (bad unit).
A mobile device problem would be poor video quality, or the app crashes.
View your flight logs, when you loose telemetry, your flight logs will be cut up. Instead of one log per flight they may be two or more.
If you video recordings don't drop out, then the camera of coarse is working.

I flew my P2V+ for about 60 days with same problem, maybe 10-20 seconds of video 1 out 4 times, 3 out of 4 nothing. I gave up and sent it in for repair.

I assume your P3 4k is the same as P3S, on how it handles signals. If I am wrong somebody will let us know.

I find it interesting that you showed more professionalism than the folks at dji customer service. You were also absolutely right, it was a hardware issue. I got a new product from my local camera store and everything works like a breeze now and I havent had a single signal loss event.

Thanks a ton!

Thanks back,
Been there

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4