No signal prompt. Full bars

Reaction score
Today as I was flying out around 3000ft I got a lost signal prompt that lasted pretty much until the quad was back. Needless to say I had full bars and control... What's up with that?

Also took me about 8 minutes for the disconnected prompt to go away before my first takeoff.. Ugh

Reactions: clkilljoy
Here is a screencap

Attachments

• 1436363567558.jpg
    1436363567558.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 390
Sammy it was the original Dji cable.. The only one that consistently works. The others fail all the time.

This exact thing happened to me last night, for the second time. I had to bring the P3 back in and reboot it to get the video signal back. What I don't get is that the app clearly shows that the video signal has full bars, but the big red letters say no signal. Also, I continued to get full stats on the bottom during the flight, just no video.

Reactions: Coldfire
Anyone ever find out if the P3 is transmitting and receiving on two separate frequencies? Say the 5GHz for Light bridge and the 2.4GHz for controls? That could partially explain the loss of the video, higher frequency does not quite propagate as well as the lower frequencies.

Did you detect any commercial airplane inline with your drone? I have the fantasy that some of their flight systems like radar, ILS, etc., could affect the link RC-Drone. I have had same experiences and always an airplane, far away and higher than mine, was in line with my drone.

Did you detect any commercial airplane inline with your drone? I have the fantasy that some of their flight systems like radar, ILS, etc., could affect the link RC-Drone. I have had same experiences and always an airplane, far away and higher than mine, was in line with my drone.
That's very possible in my case. I was in downtown Miami, and there was a continual stream of flights taking off from MIA (though a MUCH MUCH higher altitude than the P3 of course).

But if that were the case, shouldn't the video come back after a minute? It did not in my case until I rebooted. Also, there was a guy flying an Inspire around me too.

In any case though, why does the video signal still show full bars?

Anyone ever find out if the P3 is transmitting and receiving on two separate frequencies? Say the 5GHz for Light bridge and the 2.4GHz for controls? That could partially explain the loss of the video, higher frequency does not quite propagate as well as the lower frequencies.

It uses 2.4 for both control and video... It does not use 5.8ghz.

I would try another cable, a high quality cable. Make sure the fit is tight to the TX.

Reactions: Sammynels
Today as I was flying out around 3000ft I got a lost signal prompt that lasted pretty much until the quad was back. Needless to say I had full bars and control... What's up with that?

Also took me about 8 minutes for the disconnected prompt to go away before my first takeoff.. Ugh
Are flying a P3 A or P? Are you using an Android or IOS device (what brand)? What version of Pilot?
What firmware version are you at? Okay.

P3a android all latest.

And there were no airplanes around. I did manage to go a mile out minutes before with no issues.

What cable do you recommend? I've already spent $30 in cables

Do you have problems with all of your cables for your Android? Maybe your connector on your phone is bad.

Don't think so. I don think no signal error has anything to do with it bad do USB connection.

Sammy it was the original Dji cable.. The only one that consistently works. The others fail all the time.

This comment points to a bad cable connector.

What android device are you using?

This all seems to be going in the wrong direction you know. What you describe seems to me to indicate a faulty transmitter, receiver, or interference.

Happened to me on the ground before I'd taken off (about 45s after powering everything up) there were no planes anywhere near me.
I only had to restart the app, nothing else to get video back.

P3A, latest firmware and app version (as of today) iPad Air.

Not happened before or since.

QY3XhR.jpg

This has happened to me twice now. Everything works properly and normal. Except I have a no signal warning.. I just fly with it on the screen

Similar thing had happen to me but it is always in a very RF unfriendly environment. Anywhere around my house is at least a dozen devices operating within the 2.4 Ghz. Typically anywhere I am working Microwave T/Rs and more wireless device in addition to high voltages up to 100KV are almost everywhere I work. WhenI look at my channels screen red bars are popping up across the band. It is a bit un-nerving and I am always very cautious.

Get it all the time of late and I've just been ignoring it - seems to stay there after there has been a 'proper' signal outage too (i.e. behind trees).

Tried diff cables. Chalking it up to some bug.

Get it all the time of late and I've just been ignoring it - seems to stay there after there has been a 'proper' signal outage too (i.e. behind trees).

Tried diff cables. Chalking it up to some bug.

I agree this has to be an issue on DJI's end, nothing we can do about it.

Has happened to me a lot recently. In one video I flew for almost 8 minutes with it on the screen:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Starts at 56 seconds (14,000' out) and continues until I hit 19,500' and continues all the way home too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31