No Signal message? And what kinda of log book you using?

Reaction score
I got out my new refurb P4 for it's second flight the other day. The DJI GO app had a red error message at the top, No Signal. The P4 was responding to my RC, I had camera display, it hovered without problems even though it was windy and would get fly with caution it's windy messages occasionally. I flew till I got a low battery warning and landed no problems.

So, what is it telling me when it says No Signal?

I stopped by the airport to buy a new logbook to keep track of my flights, maintenance and things like that. They didn't sell them. So I'm shopping online. I see the electronic log books. Just wondering what kind you're using. Any suggestions or ones to stay away from?

Thanks!
PS I'm still on my second read through the manual. I'm using highlighters this time. Amazing how much I didn't catch on my first read through. Too excited to get started and rushed through the first read.

The DJI Go app records all relevant records from each flight, but I copy its relevant information into an Excel spreadsheet which I can print and give to the FAA inspector the day s/he comes to my door demanding to see my logs.

Last edited:
I've had a private pilots license since 1978. I'm kinda old school. Thanks, I will have to read my manual and figure out how to access the flight data and check it out.

The DJI Go app records all relevant records from each flight, but I copy relevant information into an Excel spreadsheet which I can print and give to the FAA inspector the day s/he comes to my door demanding to see my logs.
Why would an FAA inspector come to your door? There are no requirements to keep flight records, even for licensed drone operators. I'd say delete flight records, the less of a paper trail the better.

Reactions: Brockrock
Why would an FAA inspector come to your door? There are no requirements to keep flight records, even for licensed drone operators. I'd say delete flight records, the less of a paper trail the better.
You're' right - there are no absolute requirements for logs. I have no personal experience with an FAA inspector but the part 107 training course I used highly recommended logs to cover yourself in case of an accident, at least when flying under 107 anyway. Logs would show how much flying experience you have and how well maintained your bird is, which are very relevant to an investigation.

I got out my new refurb P4 for it's second flight the other day. The DJI GO app had a red error message at the top, No Signal. The P4 was responding to my RC, I had camera display, it hovered without problems even though it was windy and would get fly with caution it's windy messages occasionally. I flew till I got a low battery warning and landed no problems.

So, what is it telling me when it says No Signal?

I stopped by the airport to buy a new logbook to keep track of my flights, maintenance and things like that. They didn't sell them. So I'm shopping online. I see the electronic log books. Just wondering what kind you're using. Any suggestions or ones to stay away from?

Thanks!
PS I'm still on my second read through the manual. I'm using highlighters this time. Amazing how much I didn't catch on my first read through. Too excited to get started and rushed through the first read.

You can upload all your flights to the DJI cloud but also to www.airdata.com You can also download your flight logs including one that you can then view your flight on google earth. From Airdata you can also get weather conditions, battery information and a lot of other things.

If you want to view logs you can also upload data from DJI Flight Log Viewer

The DJI Go app records all relevant records from each flight, but I copy its relevant information into an Excel spreadsheet which I can print and give to the FAA inspector the day s/he comes to my door demanding to see my logs.

Airdata already has the flights in an excel spreadsheet so you don't need to copy information over. :)

Also with airdata you can share a flight log but not give access to all logged flights.

I lost my P3SE and downloaded my flight logs and sent them to DJI who emailed to say the drone had a problem and a new one would be sent. Took them 3 days from the time I gave them all the flight data to the email advising covered under warranty.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj