No Signal in RED on App, no video feed.

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this, and having a nightmare after updating to all new firmware. There are many other threads discussing a loss of signal under varying circumstances, what I have is No Signal (in RED) showing on the app, and no video feed while flying. Everything else works, I can connect, and fly, and control the gimbal (albeit blindly) and take video footage, I just can't compose and shoot properly, because I can't see what I'm filming. Which kinds defeats the purpose really.
I have exchanged emails with DJI support, and tried all of the usual suggestions, reload the app, etc., but nothing can remove the dreaded No Signal in RED from the app page. DJI have run out of suggestions, and I don't really know where to turn.
If, say, one connection was loose or broken in the copter's wiring loom, would I still have the functionality to fly and shoot footage? I bought this on eBay, new and fully boxed, but it is not an option to return to the vendor, and I have requested the address of an approved dealer in my area (Glasgow) from DJI support, but I think this may turn out expensive, so has any one out there experienced just this, and been able to fix it?
Thanks...

Hi guys, new to this, and having a nightmare after updating to all new firmware. There are many other threads discussing a loss of signal under varying circumstances, what I have is No Signal (in RED) showing on the app, and no video feed while flying. Everything else works, I can connect, and fly, and control the gimbal (albeit blindly) and take video footage, I just can't compose and shoot properly, because I can't see what I'm filming. Which kinds defeats the purpose really.
Just a stab in the dark here.
What is your camera doing? Does it hang li,p or face straight out?
If it's hanging limp, the symptoms are something I had once.
It was very frustrating but eventually cleared by changing the SD card.
It's worth trying to just remove the SD card and see if that makes any difference.

Just a stab in the dark here.
What is your camera doing? Does it hang li,p or face straight out?
If it's hanging limp, the symptoms are something I had once.
It was very frustrating but eventually cleared by changing the SD card.
It's worth trying to just remove the SD card and see if that makes any difference.
I have full control, I can reposition the gimbal normally, but have to rely on the position indicator on the app to see where it's pointing. As stated above, I have full functionality apart from the video feed, and of course the No Signal alarm in RED.

Try taking a video and pictures and then remove the SD card and read it on the pc or Mac if u can view it.
Cause I am having the same exact problem for the longest time and so far no one is able to help me. And I don't have a receipt for my drone so we on the same boat.

1st try a new sd card. Make sure it is a 10x type. 2nd, completely deinstall and reinstall the GO app.
If you can see the video you shot from the sd card after landing, Try removing and replacing the 8 wire cable on the top of the camera mounting plate. If it is loose or not fully inserted you will lose FPV signal. Otherwise it's back to DJI

Try taking a video and pictures and then remove the SD card and read it on the pc or Mac if u can view it.
Cause I am having the same exact problem for the longest time and so far no one is able to help me. And I don't have a receipt for my drone so we on the same boat.
Thanks to you and Meta4 for responding appreciate it. Yes, the functionality is fine, I can take footage and load it to my PC, but without feedback I have very limited control of what I am shooting. And yeah, it's not a good boat to be on, my sympathies to you.

1st try a new sd card. Make sure it is a 10x type. 2nd, completely deinstall and reinstall the GO app.
If you can see the video you shot from the sd card after landing, Try removing and replacing the 8 wire cable on the top of the camera mounting plate. If it is loose or not fully inserted you will lose FPV signal. Otherwise it's back to DJI
OK, the first two have been tried, but the suggestion re. the 8 wire cable is a new avenue to explore, thanks for that.

I brought Phantom Standard 3 Last Month. I got the similar problem. No Video Feed when Phantom at distance around 70 m and altitude upper than 40 m. I tried many different direction. Any one can help me? Is it related to the 2.4 GHz Panel Antenna?

Can't help but if someone does find a solution, can they please start a new thread with the word FIX in the thread name. PLEASE. Im sick of reading 100's of no signal threads looking for a fix. I cant believe this issue is so common an no solution yet.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it. I have tested many method, such as fly without sd card, fly with iPhone 5s, iPad min, Android, the list of ios optimization before flying, ... but I haven't tried to swap 4:3 and 16:9. I remember that I use 16:9. I did not change it.

Had same exact problem, sent it to DJI, appeared they put a new camera on it

Haven't had opportunity to fly much, but noticed that hovering in one place is not as stable but that may be the 1.6 update that they did

It fixed the problem tell DJI you want an RMA to send it back if it's under warranty

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj