No satellites

Reaction score
After my recent fly away, which I posted a description of in the flyaway thread, I managed to recover my Phantom Vision. I've re-assembled it, updated the controller firmware and am testing / observing to see if there is anything further that needs doing to get it flying.

So far, I've been able to confirm that everything except compass calibration works. The Phantom Vision app is telling me that there are 0 satellites in range (strange for a big city) and the slow flashing yellow doesn't change to solid yellow when flipping the S1 switch repeatedly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

I've only done the calibration successfully in a big open field so far, but as its raining I did it under my verandah, with maybe 150 x 120 degrees of sky in line of sight to the drone.

Precipitation tends to adversely affect GPS satellite reception and if you've got a limited window of the sky to boot, then I wouldn't be too surprised - esp if the SAT receiver needs to cold-start and relearn the sky from scratch. Wait for the rain & clouds to clear and I'm sure you'll be fine.

iDrone

Tried again at night, with thick dark cloud cover, but no rain, with maybe double the amount of sky visible. Still no satellites. Was amongst obstacles (domestic power lines, fences, trees) so I only took it up for a hop to confirm stability. No problem there!

Going to a small festival in the countryside over the weekend, so I'll try my luck there!

It is possible, I guess, that either the S1 switch or GPS reciever has become disconnected. I partially disassembled the TX & PV while waiting for the battery to come down.

Anyone know why they didn't just put a better antenna in it? My Garmin 62s gets 8+ satellites even in stormy weather, as long as your outside its good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4