No satellites, no camera pitch (post-crash trauma) - SOLVED

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Today I was flying near a motorsport area when all of a sudden my PV2+ started descent and I could not control it any more, maybe I just lost battery power, not sure. When I tried to gain height someone passed by and hit the Phantom, it got a good spin to the ground but there was no major impact or visible damage.

Since than no satellites appears on the screen and the camera pitch control is not responding. The cause could be the crash or something else that also caused the descent that came before that.

I opened the top and looked for loose connectors and made sure everything is in place, did not help.

Any idea what can cause such problem?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 520
Re: No satellites, no camera pitch (post-crash trauma)

Connect the Phantom to your computer's DJI Assistant software and then do a complete reload of the latest firmware. Even if it says you already have the latest firm ware click on DOWNLOAD. You will be surprised that even though it says download not required, additional firmware files will in fact download to your phantom. Afterwards turn everything on and off at least one time and you should be good to go. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I will check back nightly.

The loose connectors you have to look at are the three grey cables that come down from the Phantom and go into the gimbal base. They are the ones that give the symptoms you describe. You may need tweezers to push them back into their connectors in the gimbal base.

Dom said:
Connect the Phantom to your computer's DJI Assistant software and then do a complete reload of the latest firmware. Even if it says you already have the latest firm ware click on DOWNLOAD. You will be surprised that even though it says download not required, additional firmware files will in fact download to your phantom. Afterwards turn everything on and off at least one time and you should be good to go. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I will check back nightly.
Where did you come up with this ? Uh what cause this ? How about a crash. Been a zillion post on this , never seen reloading firmware fixing a screwed up gimbal. Maybe a advanced IMU cali might fix gimbal that's not level.

Meta4 said:
The loose connectors you have to look at are the three grey cables that come down from the Phantom and go into the gimbal base. They are the ones that give the symptoms you describe. You may need tweezers to push them back into their connectors in the gimbal base.

Yep, what Meta4 said. Look directly above the camera (below the gimbal) and unplug/replug those. Same symptoms I had, and same suggestion from Meta4 worked.

I FORGOT THIS EARLIER AND ITS AN ADDITIONAL STEP TO THE INFO ABOVE THAT MUST ALSO BE COMPLETED.

One other thing, after downloading the firmware you must also connect to the internet, have a solid phantom connection and then through the DJI app on your smartphone or tablet you need to go to:

SETTINGS
BINDING
****SCAN IN QR CODE OFF OF ORIGINAL DJI BOX, CODE WILL BE ON BOX****
POWER DOWN AND BACK UP.

Dom ... maybe you didn't understand the problem. Your solution is for something else.

Meta4 said:

Thanks Meta4, it was indeed the problem, though on the gimbal side, but same cable.

Re: No satellites, no camera pitch (post-crash trauma) - SOL

Sorry just trying to help, it was a similar problem that I had personally encountered. The important thing is that you got it fixed and your up and flying again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj