no response from DJI Support on dead Zenmuse

Reaction score
I contacted my dealer about a dead Zenmuse, which is now 45 days old. B&H said it was out of their 30 day window and I needed to contact DJI directly. well, I have tried three times and no luck. What good is a product, if dealers point the finger back to the manufacturer and they never respond!
I used the upgrade board for the install. But, the upgrade board will not support the Iosd Mini. So, I tied in a PMU-V2, Gcu-v1 with the Iosd Mini. There is no response from the Zenmuse when power is applied to it. No Led to show it is powered. In effect, I have a worthless Zenmuse and no way to get any support from Dealer or DJI. I spent money and received nothing in return. The delay installing was due to waiting for all the parts to arrive, to do the complete install. I added the Anti-Gravity Motors to the build to help off-set the weight issues. But once everything got connected the Zenmuse failed to respond and so has DJI Support!

You actually expect dji to respond ? They have your money, so don't care anymore

I finally got a response from DJI and you will not believe it. DJI states that the Zenmuse H3-2D was never made to work with Phantom. That, I need to buy a new product instead. Even though the DJI 's own website and all the dealers sell the Zenmuse for the phantom.
Plus Totally disregarding the Fact, that the Zenmuse was delivered dead and non-working. How would buying a new product make a defective Zenmuse work? It seems DJI will not support or honor Product Warranties, small wonder my Local Hobby Shop stopped carrying DJI products altogether. Why should, I support a Company that can careless about me the Customer? Once they have counted their money!

The Zenmuse H3-2D is just 45 days old, since I reported it didn't work. I had to wait for all the needed parts to arrive to start the build. Once completed the Zenmuse wouldn't respond with upgrade board. I move everything over to stock main board and used a PMU-V2 along with the Gcu-V1 and still got nothing. Motors and start-up beeps all work and craft was updated to 4.02 alright. Compass calibration was done and advance calibration was also performed on craft. Yet, Zenmuse failed to respond.

The best DJI Support could offer was the Zenmuse H3-2D wasn't ever made for the Phantom and to buy a another DJI Product. You can plug this Zenmuse into anything and it will not work, so how is buying another DJI product a solution? Clearly, it is a way to not stand behind DJI products and not honor the Warranties. To say that the Zenmuse H3-2D was never marketed to Phantom Owners is an outright lie!

They just further proved my point above about they don't care once they have you money ):

It goes much further than that even. DJI isn't just happy counting what you have aready spent, they demain you spend more and get nothing in return. But, you cannot believe any thing on the DJI Website that is being marketed to Phantom Owners. To get out of support a broken product, DJI will only say it was never marketed for Phantom Owners. Now, I am out completely for a Zenmuse H3-D2 that arrived dead and useless. B&H Photo will not accept it as a return, nor offer any support and DJI is utterly worthless! Time to look for a better company and take my money with me. DJI will not support the products they sell, then it's time I stop supporting DJI!

Always buy from a vendor such as UAV Products. They would have taken care of it straight away. Pay with a credit card so you can do a charge back as a last resort.

Wow,

If this is the kind of service to be expected from DJI, I will think again about going with the ZenMuse I wanted to buy.

Anybody else had this kind of negative response from DGI ?

I already am already frustrated with GoPro and their lack of response about their non working GoPro Studio software...

mpoirier said:
Wow,

If this is the kind of service to be expected from DJI, I will think again about going with the ZenMuse I wanted to buy.

Anybody else had this kind of negative response from DGI ?

I already am already frustrated with GoPro and their lack of response about their non working GoPro Studio software...

There was an issue in December/January between DJI China and DJI North America. The CEO of DJI North America was let go and there were issues with customer service in North America. As I understand it, They are currently setting up an office in California and service should be getting better. I was as concerned as you were, trust me, but I think it will be okay. I mentioned that I had an issue with the damping unit which is the mount for the gimbal. I broke it and DJI sent me a new one free of charge. So I can't complain.

DJI broke off any replies several weeks ago and I not heard anything, about fixing or replacing the non-functional Zenmuse H3-2D. It seems DJI has my money and they can careless about honoring the warranty on their product.
Stating in their last message that the Zenmuse H3-2D was never designed for or marketed for Phantom owners. Which we all know is a lie. The e-mail went even further by stating; I needed to spend even more money and purchase a entirely new model other than a Phantom for use with the non-functional Zenmuse H3-2D. Never a word about fixing or replacing the dead unit. I can careless about the Company shake up, there is no excuse for bad Support and out-right lies, that I was given in response to this issue. It has taken all the joy out of Flying and modifying my Phantom, now it makes me sick just looking at it. Just a big waste of money with no support and a Company that just lies about it's products and how they are marketed!

If all of that is true, I'd contact a lawyer and see what they have to say.

Since, the Company is in China. American law isn't going to solve a thing. All, I can do is never buy anything again from DJI. Since DJI isn't going to solve the Support problems and chooses to lie about products being marketed for the Phantom. As for the record, the Zenmuse was being mounted on a Phantom with a Naza-m V2( Yellow Label Color not red) w/ PMU v-2 and GPS, using upgrade board. When that failed, a Stock main board was purchased and a GCU-V-1 was used. So the reference to a Phantom V-1 by DJI doesn't apply here. The idea was to build some upward expandability into the project. So the better Naza was purchased and a Phantom shell was used as a housing, since some parts were on hand. Why destroy a working craft, when just a few parts and you can build a project Phantom Quad. The idea was not to risk a working Phantom 1.11. But assemble a better Phantom from parts. Using such as a Fubata r7008sb, a iosd mini, Naza-M V-2,w/GPS, PMU V-2, upgrade board V-1, and a Zenmuse H3-2D, A FPV 1000w system all controlled by a Fubata 14Sg. Only to have the Zenmuse H3-2D not able to power up. Then the real headaches started, with B&H stating it was beyond their 30 Days policy by 15 days. To then be sent to DJI support. Where, I was told to buy more products and that the Zenmuse was never designed for the Phantom.

As for the truth in the facts, here is DJI own e-mail response:
It took three weeks just to get this response from DJI Support:
Dear James,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the system is not compatible and you will need to purchase a new copter as this was not designed for the original Phantom.
Best regards,
DJI US support

[email protected]
On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM, James Falsken <[email protected]> wrote:

The zenmuse h3-2d v1 was marketed for the phantom, Nothing changes that fact. Regardless, this unit doesn't even power up and it is just 45 days old, since this was reported. Now, it falls within the one year warranty period and it needs to be either replaced or repaired by DJI.
The Zenmuse H3-2d was in fact marketed for the phantom. On your own website it states this. That either a upgrade board or a pmu could be used in conjunction with the Zenmuse. Why the statement that a pmu was required, I do not understand since nothing from the Zenmuse plugs into the pmu. Unless, it is to increase sales of excess parts. Even your own website fails to support all of the different models of phantom on the market today. Now, you fail to back your own product and state the Zenmuse was never made for the Phantom, What an outright lie! I see now why my local Hobby Shop refuses to carry your products. DJI doesn't offer any support and will not honor product warranties!

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like it was an interesting project. I would think that even though they are a China company, as long as they conduct business in the US. Although what do I know. Maybe just sell off all of your working parts and start another project. Good luck!

jfalsken said:
As for the truth in the facts, here is DJI own e-mail response:
It took three weeks just to get this response from DJI Support:
Dear James,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the system is not compatible and you will need to purchase a new copter as this was not designed for the original Phantom.
Best regards,
DJI US support

[email protected]
On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM, James Falsken <[email protected]> wrote:

Incredible !

Thanks for the heads up !

I'm definitely not going to buy anything from this company !

I'm sorry but the Zenmuse wasn't designed for the original Phantom (P1)....that's why you have to upgrade the board on the P1 (Original Phantom) to allow the Zenmuse to have connectivity. So in essence, DJI is correct in saying that. Just saying. Nonetheless, they should fix the Zemuse for your or provide some kind of repair work on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd