No range?

Reaction score
So today I took the bird out for a fly and only had about 30 m range. I did everything like usual. I calibrated it before my flight. I even had 11 GPS bars. Can anyone give me any tips of what I'm doing wrong? In other flights near where I was today I've had no trouble going 300 m or so away and easily up to 120 m in the air. Any advice much welcome cheers Hugh

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you make sure that you didn't accidentally set the controls to beginner mode. I believe the limit is 30m out and up.
36662bf4cd73dbcfd341a10f180bc180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think its what I did. I kept saying signal low (in red) the it would just initiate RTH.. Tried it again at home tonight and it was getting a weak signal at about 10 m altitude?

I'm guessing your 5.8GHz antenna cable is either broken or disconnected from the PCB inside your remote. If the Phantom is still under warranty I would return it for another one and if not you could open up your remote and have a look.

Would a DBS extender fix it?

Have you only just received the Phantom? If so then quickly fire off a DOA replacement email to [email protected]

They handle it really quick, and depending on where you are could give you the email for your nearest equivalent, best of luck getting it sorted.

I vote send it back, by chance do you do in recent firmware upgrades?

I vote send it back, by chance do you do in recent firmware upgrades?
I had to do a firmware upgrade when I first turned it on. That's it? I'll ring the place I bought it from in the morning.

I peaked into the remote and didn't see anything wrong. Can anyone see an issue?

4772643757e60ab66f4f3c5add2fbf8e.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.