No range

Reaction score
Please help, I have been out three times today in three different locations , one in the country max range was about thirty meters, then on a high field no wires cables or anything , kept getting strong interference and loss of signal , then out in country again , and kept getting weak signal at about 30 meters, on all occasions. What is happening ? I am starting to lose confidence fast , I have never managed to get further than this without a warning , although all bars are showing max ? Any help is very welcome

Please help, I have been out three times today in three different locations , one in the country max range was about thirty meters, then on a high field no wires cables or anything , kept getting strong interference and loss of signal , then out in country again , and kept getting weak signal at about 30 meters, on all occasions. What is happening ? I am starting to lose confidence fast , I have never managed to get further than this without a warning , although all bars are showing max ? Any help is very welcome

Are you in the Begiiner Mode in the DJI GO.app? It will warn you at about that distance.

Not in beginner mode , and antenna is in right position as is demonstrated on Dji site, is it normal to get the weak signal warning every so often ? When I get this warning the signal strength is showing max bars and I am always only about 30ish meters either up or away , and not directly above , as I know that then I should adjust the antenna accordingly

I'm a Rookie here but I believe there's a range limiter in the menu, check it out.

Thanks for the replies I will try all your suggestions tomorrow weather allowing thanks again

The warning is caution weak signal, , and I also get the same warning when using the flight sim too since the last update , foil on the antenna ? Got to try that on

kept getting strong interference and loss of signal
Did something alert you that you had strong interference?
He's joking with you on the foil.

Sounds silly, but what type of device are you using? iPad? Also, after market or oem cable?

I am using I pad min 2', and no cable, wifi, don't think I have an option for a cable ?

I'm assuming you're losing signal on the video, but not the TX.

No option for a cable if you're using a standard. If you have an iPad mini with an A7 processor, make sure "Enable Hardware Decode" is turned on. Yes, it has nothing to do with "signal", however, it is the exact problem I had. (Also make sure you have at least 1GB free storage space, may need to clear your video cache).

This is a log of what happened to mine.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You'll notice, was losing signal on the return, even when it was next to me. I had full control, but no video. Contacted DJI, they told me to enable hardware decode. I have had several flights since I changed it, no problems since then. Prior to enabling it, I rebooted the tablet and the phantom, reseated the battery, flew several other runs and continued to experience the loss of signal sporadically, both close up and far away.

Dave1664, just realizing we are talking in two different sections and Snipey thinks you are loosing video (your camera view).

I think you are loosing remote control signal. If it is the remote as he says TX. The display would read "Weak Remote Signal" and "Lost Remote Signal" and then in a few seconds of Lost Remote Signal RTH (Return To Home) would activate.

You stating "Weak Signal", "Lost Signal" could also be referring to what Snipey thinks that you are loosing video.

Yeah, I guess it would help to clarify if you're losing the video signal, or the remote signal. Basically, when you get the lost signal, can you control the aircraft, or just not see out of the camera.

Thanks for the reply, I don't think it's the video signal I am losing I just get a week signal strength warning then on one or two occasions a no signal warning for about a second or two , this is when the panic sets in as I am a new user ,sorry if I sound dumb , I will check and alter what you have suggested , although I am sure I did clear video cache thanks for the help much welcome

Keep in mind, there are two signal strength indicators in the app. One looks like a remote, next to it is the image transfer (I believe it says HD).

Hi It's definitely weak RCsignal then no no signal , this even happens when inside and the drone is about 6 feet away it's never gone into rth yet but been very close I would say
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451501814.471891.jpg

I will have to change my wording from "Weak Remote Signal" to "Weak RC Signal" 6 ft away is not good. My thought is it needs to be returned or replaced. Replaced meaning I sent mine in for repair and I didn't get the same bird or remote back.

So this is brand new unit and you have never seen it fly correctly?

If you dare, look inside the remote and inspect the cable that is coming from the antenna. It is said that the antenna cable was really tight (short). I looked inside mine but didn't feel like messing with it. The connectors are so small and I didn't want to take a chance of voiding my warranty also mine was working as good as my P2V until a firmware update.

When I watched my signal jump between Good, Bad and Ugly with everything being as still as possible. I decided it wasn't a loose connection but a component failure.

I would bet only 6ft away should work even with out an antenna.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie