No power up

Reaction score
Just got my P2V+ today. Charged up the batteries, removed gimbal stop, installed props. Installed a battery, pushed button for 2 seconds until it starts to flash, all green lights are on solid. Button flashes red for about 7 seconds, then battery shuts itself off. It does this with both batteries. I am getting no response from the Phantom whatsoever. I have tried this with receiver on and off, it doesn't matter. This is frustrating.
Am I missing something ?

You said you pushed the button for 2 seconds. You need to push the button once, then immediately push it again and hold for several seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks wobble. That was it.

I sure didn't get that from the instructions. I guess I just don't read Chinglish very well. :)

HarleyRed said:
I sure didn't get that from the instructions. I guess I just don't read Chinglish very well. :)

Glad it wasn't an actual problem but I hope you will read the instructions again -- carefully -- BEFORE you attempt to fly.

;)

It's all good. I took my phantom out of the box, connected it to my computer and tested the apps, worked great, then flew great. Came home and decided I wanted to switch to Naza mode. The phantom would not connect to the apps no matter WHAT I tried. 3 hours of connecting, reconnecting, reinstalling apps, rebooting, switching batteries. Re-read the manual but obviously kept over looking something. For some reason I cannot explain and won't try to, I completely forgot the mini usb connector on the phantom and was connecting the cable to the camera port.

HarleyRed said:
Great.
How does it feel to have never made a mistake........?
i dont think he was attacking..just making a suggestion so that you can have successful flights with no human error issues. Its quite a bit about the Phantom to digest. But it's a very fun toy

I'd tell you to get off your high horse and take some very good advice because you are new to this and there is a hell of a lot to take in. Ask questions get answers from very helpful people and hope your arrogance doesnt smash your bird into a million pieces in your first few days of flying.

Now enjoy your phantom :)

Off MY high horse ?? I made a mistake in turning on a battery. Period. Nothing more, nothing less.

Doesn't the phantom vision+ come with a dirty great big sticker on the battery telling you how to turn it on? I'm sure I've seen a picture of it somewhere.

HarleyRed said:
Great.
How does it feel to have never made a mistake........?

HarleyRed, I wasn't trying to bust your chops. I was offering you some good advice. Always know your aircraft well. I read my manual at least a half dozen times before my Vision+ arrived. I read/watched/researched everything I could so I would be completely familiar with the Phantom, and what to expect. When I saw you were having difficulty powering it on...something that is clearly stated in the manual...it seemed practical to advise you to read the manual thoroughly before flying. Its a $1300 aircraft afterall! And it can hurt someone too. While I am new to the Phantom, I have more than 40 (yes 40) RC aircraft, and lots of flying experience. Everything from power gliders, to large warbirds, to thrust-vectored EDF jets, to six-channel helis.

It saddens me to read stories from guys trashing their Phantom on the first flight. Really it pains me to see these photos of smashed cameras & twisted gimbals. Of all the aircraft I have ever flown, the Phantom is simply the easiest thing I've ever seen. If you fly an RC airplane, you have to stay on top of things If you become disoriented, you have seconds to figure things out and recover. There is no "pause." With the Phantom, you just let off the sticks and she stops and hovers. If you are about to smash into something just pull back hard and hit the gas and she stops on a dime. It seems a lot of inexperienced pilots are getting Phantoms, and getting way over their heads before they are ready. That's why we are having so many crashes, and I'd prefer that your Phantom not wind up as one of those unfortunate incidents.

Dirty Bird said:
HarleyRed, I wasn't trying to bust your chops. I was offering you some good advice. Always know your aircraft well. I read my manual at least a half dozen times before my Vision+ arrived. I read/watched/researched everything I could so I would be completely familiar with the Phantom, and what to expect. When I saw you were having difficulty powering it on...something that is clearly stated in the manual...it seemed practical to advise you to read the manual thoroughly before flying. Its a $1300 aircraft afterall! And it can hurt someone too. While I am new to the Phantom, I have more than 40 (yes 40) RC aircraft, and lots of flying experience. Everything from power gliders, to large warbirds, to thrust-vectored EDF jets, to six-channel helis.

It saddens me to read stories from guys trashing their Phantom on the first flight. Really it pains me to see these photos of smashed cameras & twisted gimbals. Of all the aircraft I have ever flown, the Phantom is simply the easiest thing I've ever seen. If you fly an RC airplane, you have to stay on top of things If you become disoriented, you have seconds to figure things out and recover. There is no "pause." With the Phantom, you just let off the sticks and she stops and hovers. If you are about to smash into something just pull back hard and hit the gas and she stops on a dime. It seems a lot of inexperienced pilots are getting Phantoms, and getting way over their heads before they are ready. That's why we are having so many crashes, and I'd prefer that your Phantom not wind up as one of those unfortunate incidents.

+1

Your advice assumed a lot of things, as have some of the other comments here. I have been a private pilot for over 20 years. I had my own airplane until I sold it two years ago. I have flown RC for 25 years off and on, and RC helis for the last 3. I have operated about everything that comes with a motor on it. I can certainly handle flying this machine. I mis-read the instruction on turning on the battery, period. My point is don't assume you know who you are talking to. You have been on this forum a whole week longer than I.
Now I am done with this topic.

HarleyRed said:
Your advice assumed a lot of things, as have some of the other comments here. I have been a private pilot for over 20 years. I had my own airplane until I sold it two years ago. I have flown RC for 25 years off and on, and RC helis for the last 3. I have operated about everything that comes with a motor on it. I can certainly handle flying this machine. I mis-read the instruction on turning on the battery, period. My point is don't assume you know who you are talking to. You have been on this forum a whole week longer than I. Now I am done with this topic.

I have a friend who once called me because he had just bought a "lemon" cell phone that wouldn't turn on. I asked, "Did you install the battery?" He hadn't, and became irritated and indignant when I suggested he might want to read the manual. :roll:

HarleyRed said:
I bet all of your friends are glad you are so smart and infallible.

I've never claimed to be smart, and I'm certainly not infallible. Many times, however, I am the first person my friends call when they are experiencing issues with technical stuff, because they know I usually know a little something about the subject, and I am quite often able to diagnose or resolve issues for them over the phone.

Honestly I was not attempting to embarrass you, HarleyRed, but what level of expertise would you assume for someone who didn't know how to power up their Phantom? Would you think to yourself, "Gee this guy must be a real pilot with 20 years of RC experience?" or would you think, "Holy smokes this guy better read the manual before he wrecks his aircraft or hurts someone!"

Sorry but seriously dude...think about it. :?

I suppose you are right.

As I would be right in assuming that someone who on their third flight was taking their Phantom up at night to "classified" altitudes (most likely over 400') in a city environment, putting people at risk, was way overconfident in not only themselves but of the machine.

Just sayin'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20