No Picture on iPhone until I take one

Reaction score
I'm very new to all this so sorry if this is an old subject. I bought the Phantom 2 plus a few weeks ago and have been using it to photograph golf courses, which is part of my business. A couple of days ago I booted everything up but had a black screen on my iPhone. I wasted lots of time while I had perfect light and should have been shooting, but could do nothing to get a live feed on the iPhone. I decided to "test" it to see if the camera was actually working and flew the Phantom to the approx location to take a still of a golf hole. After the usual hour waiting for the RAW pic to write, the live feed appeared. I have to keep changing locations (different holes) to take more shots and almost every time the iPhone screen either freezes what it last saw or goes black. As such I take a shot while getting the Phantom into position and then fire away when the live screen once again appears. I contacted DJI support, who suggested there is a problem and that I should courier the unit to their office in Hong Kong. They also advised it might take two weeks to fix, due to having to courier it backwards and forwards. I responded that I live in Hong Kong and I would deliver the unit to their office, and would it be possible to get it back within a week. The reply was "no". I bought it from their distribution office in Hong Kong about eight weeks ago and it's all a bit strange. It took me a week to a receipt for my money and they would only accept cash at full retail price. I won't go into the details about buying two extra batteries…
Thanks in advance.
Richard
Hong Kong

Richard, I'm new at this myself and by no means an expert. I have a similar issue -- my screen on my android phone does not always display a live feed. My issue -- at least I think it is because I have not yet tried to fix it -- is a damaged wire going to the camera. I have a PV2+ -- which I crashed on the maiden voyage and the one wire on the 8-port plug is damaged. While yours may not have been the result of damage, I would pull off the top of the shell and make sure there are no damaged or loose wires on the inside.

I have a P2V and use an iPhone to monitor it
Now and then my screen doesn't show what the camera is seeing, and then a couple days later, everything works fine. But even when the screen is black, I can aim the camera in the general direction, push the "take a picture" button, and then download the "picture" into my computer, and lo, there it is. So the camera is working even though I don't always see what I'm aiming at. I have no explanation for the misbehavior.

I've had the same problem with my iPhone. I have to do a soft reboot-hold the power button and home button until the little apple appears, to get it working again. Something in the phone's cache is causing the problem. At least that's been my experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31