No new 107 waivers since Jan 23rd . . .

A member of a local UAV Facebook page was granted a waiver March 16 to fly near a St. Patrick's Day parade.

Reactions: Tricky
I applied for a Night waiver a few weeks ago, haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: Tricky
Yeah I wouldn't hold your breath for sure :/ Good luck with your event!

I applied in Feb got mine in March.

The DATABASE hasn't been updated since Jan but Waivers are still being popped out.

Reactions: ryantrax and Tricky
I applied in Feb got mine in March.

The DATABASE hasn't been updated since Jan but Waivers are still being popped out.
Awesome! Thats good to hear, thanks for the info!

My waiver reguest had been in for over a month with nothing heard back from the FAA. I even emailed the FAA person that I worked with for my original Authorization asking if there was any way to check on/follow the progress of the request - didn't hear anything back from him either!

My waiver reguest had been in for over a month with nothing heard back from the FAA. I even emailed the FAA person that I worked with for my original Authorization asking if there was any way to check on/follow the progress of the request - didn't hear anything back from him either!

I assume this is beyond obvious but did you check your SPAM filter? One of my initial "automated" email replies from them (pertaining to my Section 333) went into SPAM.

Just go a message from the FAA about the waiver request that I submitted on 31 Jan. "Thank you for submitting an Airspace Waiver request to the Federal Aviation Administration. This email is in reference to the application submitted on 1/31/2017 in the vicinity of KSGH. Your application is being processed."
SO at least it hasn't gotten lost! Someone is actually working on it now so we'll see how long the next step takes.

Reactions: BigAl07
Just go a message from the FAA about the waiver request that I submitted on 31 Jan. "Thank you for submitting an Airspace Waiver request to the Federal Aviation Administration. This email is in reference to the application submitted on 1/31/2017 in the vicinity of KSGH. Your application is being processed."
SO at least it hasn't gotten lost! Someone is actually working on it now so we'll see how long the next step takes.
Yep, I received the exact same email today for a waiver app submitted 2/2. Curious how long it will take from here.

I had applied for a night waiver in December and received approval in February. So, it's just the website that is not being updated.

This thread may be dead, but I just received my Class C airspace authorization for local airport. Good for 1 year and covers the entire circle of Class C, not just a specific area or date/time. Took 6 weeks to get but worth it.

... I just received my Class C airspace authorization for local airport. Good for 1 year and covers the entire circle of Class C, not just a specific area or date/time. ...

Nice. What airport? Anything special about your application? Like using a spotter and/or maximum altitude?

KJAN. Had to specify max altitude in a grid that the airport uses for drones. Some grids are published but others aren't. Boxes in the grid start at the airport at 0 feet then out to edge of the airspace in increments of 100 feet up to 400 feet. Basically spelled out my credentials as a manned and unmanned aircraft pilot (resume) to cover the safety requirements.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik