No motors after firmware update!

Reaction score
This is the state after updating: App: 3.1.1 │ Version: 1.10.90 │ Remote Controller: 1.8.0 │ Flight Controller SN: 03Z0395531
Once connected the drone and the radio controller, it is impossible to start the engines, whether in DJI Go App or in Litchi (while satellites, batteries, GPS, ... all is fine) : I have an error message.
An opinion on the question?
Thank you.

Reactions: Pharm
Do you mean "ESC status error"? If so, check out this thread on the DJI forum. It looks like the only available fix is to send in the Phantom for repair.

It's VERY, VERY disturbing!
So I am far from being the only one to encounter EXACTLY the same problem, I will now be very hesitant to install future updates and I hope that DJI will quickly put a new corrective version online.
My Phantom 3 worked well, so it's out of the question that I send it to troubleshooting, the problem comes probably from the update, not from the hardware.
Fortunately I have a Yuneec Typhoon H, I am not blocked, I will see if a serious suite is brought by DJI.

It's VERY, VERY disturbing!
So I am far from being the only one to encounter EXACTLY the same problem, I will now be very hesitant to install future updates and I hope that DJI will quickly put a new corrective version online.
My Phantom 3 worked well, so it's out of the question that I send it to troubleshooting, the problem comes probably from the update, not from the hardware.
Fortunately I have a Yuneec Typhoon H, I am not blocked, I will see if a serious suite is brought by DJI.
Yes, it's disappointing. A couple of dozen people here have reported the ESC error after updating to 1.10. It's tough because with 1.10 DJI has stated we can't downgrade from 1.10 once its installed.
Every FW version seems to have something that surprises a small percentage of users, but most of the time all is okay for the vast majority. I think it was the last FW that introduced compass errors and rapid switching back and forth to/from ATTI mode for some users, but again it was fine for most users. People just use forums to report issues or ask for help, so seeing lots of issues reported here is to be expected.

No normal way to downgrade this time makes it more painful than normal, but unofficial methods for downgrading have been emerging recently. Hopefully they will go back to allowing normal roll backs in future FW versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
This is the state after updating: App: 3.1.1 │ Version: 1.10.90 │ Remote Controller: 1.8.0 │ Flight Controller SN: 03Z0395531
Once connected the drone and the radio controller, it is impossible to start the engines, whether in DJI Go App or in Litchi (while satellites, batteries, GPS, ... all is fine) : I have an error message.
An opinion on the question?
Thank you.

After doing the same firmware upgrade [1.10.90]
I had a different error - to calibrate IMU - it kept flashing to "error" and back to "okay/good"
Of course I was hearing the "atti mode" - "atti mode" repeatedly during this.
I finally deleted the DJI Go App from my iphone - reinstalled from the APP Store (icloud?)
Then I cleared out my sd card and loaded a fresh copy of the "pesky" update;
got the green solid light for a successful upgrade ...
and then I was able to do an IMU calibration ...
I was able to start the motor/props after the calibration.
Don't know if this helps ... others may have gotten the same error I had. Good day!

NOTE : this was done in the late evening and I wasn't able to fly because my present location,
but I feel confidant everything is good now ... at least I hear the hum of my motors once again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik