No motor start up

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I just bought a used DJI 1 from a friend of mine. He hadn't used it in awhile so I decided to give it a good once over. These are the current features and/or upgrades. (This was all done before I bought it) A guy that advertises himself on youtube as UAV Advertising did all the upgrades. He had the naza setup traditionally I switched it over to Sbus, updated naza controller to current version, repositioned receiver antenna to 90 degrees. Reset the receiver numerous times (it lights up solid green) I have watched numerous youtube videos on transmitter setup from HPI guy and others, etc.

Transmitter: Futaba T8J
Receiver: R2008SB
FPV system

I have done every possible update, calibration, reset etc on this quad rotor and after rechecking everything at least twice I still can not seem to get the motor to start up by pointing the joystick in either bottom corner. The GPS is calibrated, I've waited for the ready green light and it does nothing at all. My batteries are fully charged. I have run out of options or ideas could someone please help me out? Maybe there is something I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

First I do not own a P1...
First pass is to verify correct and complete channel deflection so the appropriate output will be sent to the MC.

Have you contacted "UAV Advertising" with regards to this?

Since you are using an after-market Tx/Rx there's the possibility of 'trim' and other adjustments limiting or altering the channel output.

Have you read the Manual for the Futaba system?
(http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8j-manual.pdf)

Have you looked to see that no trim has been added?

Have you calibrated the sticks on the Tx (page 91 of Manual) AND THEN the quad with the calibrated Tx?

Once you remove the OEM control system there are many opportunities for incorrect or incompatable 'signals' to be introduced.

First I do not own a P1...
First pass is to verify correct and complete channel deflection so the appropriate output will be sent to the MC.

Have you contacted "UAV Advertising" with regards to this?

Since you are using an after-market Tx/Rx there's the possibility of 'trim' and other adjustments limiting or altering the channel output.

Have you read the Manual for the Futaba system?
(http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8j-manual.pdf)

Have you looked to see that no trim has been added?

Have you calibrated the sticks on the Tx (page 91 of Manual) AND THEN the quad with the calibrated Tx?

Once you remove the OEM control system there are many opportunities for incorrect or incompatable 'signals' to be introduced.

First thanks for the reply :)

I have contacted UAV Advertsing, he said he couldn't help me...

Trim is at 0 across the board

I have calibrated both the sticks and the the quad

I have followed the gps calibration procedure, and when finished I get the single blinking green LED indicating that its ready for flight and I still can not get the motors to start up by pointing the sticks down to any corner whether it be both bottom left, bottom right, and also left stick bottom right and right stick bottom left. I appreciate the feed back!!

That is not good news! It means that the Naza can see the command to start the motors- you can see that on the screen- both sticks down and in.
On the face of it- this discounts the transmitter being the cause.

Here you go

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 12.51.56.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 12.51.56.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 341
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 12.52.50.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 12.52.50.png
    318.8 KB · Views: 320
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 12.53.22.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 12.53.22.png
    315 KB · Views: 316
OK- we are running out of options! Your calibrations screen shots show a slight error, you are not getting 100% deflection.
You need to calibrate the transmitter manually i.e. not through any software. I'll try and find the instructions

OK- we are running out of options! Your calibrations screen shots show a slight error, you are not getting 100% deflection.
You need to calibrate the transmitter manually i.e. not through any software. I'll try and find the instructions

I've already done that. A few times already

Pretty stupid of me!!!!
My friend, I have run out of ideas. Something in the transmitter set up is limiting travel. Maybe set up a new model from scratch?

Pretty stupid of me!!!!
My friend, I have run out of ideas. Something in the transmitter set up is limiting travel. Maybe set up a new model from scratch?

I'll try that but I think I did that to begin with because i switched it from traditional to S-bus. But hey I'll do it again and see what happens. Thanks for your help sir!

So reseting the transmitter didn't work. My last guess would be that since I updated the naza controller my transmitter may need a spring loaded throttle which it does not have. Is there anyone that could confirm that?

Spring loaded throttle would not have any bearing on this problem.
My feeling is that there is an issue with dual rates/travel adjust'. Plug it back into the assistant, flick all the switches, and see if you can get 100% travel.

But, rowing backwards, I notice you changed the Rx type in Naza from traditional to S bus (D bus, same thing). But the wiring from the RX to Naza is different in each case.
Traditional has T/A/Y/R- 4 servo wires. S/D bus has just 1 from the D bus output.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20