No matter what I do, I can't calibrate!

Reaction score
I have taken my drone (had for a few weeks now) to very remote places and while I can get it to calibrate when I movie horizontally, when I flip it to the side (vertically) to calibrate it, it never works. I mean never. Not once.

But, since I'm not ready to fly it 1,500 meters away from me I fly it anyway and I've not had any problem. I'm just concerned as to why it won't calibrate vertically. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Skyviewinthelou

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I assume you are calibrating the compass... are you watching the screen or the lights? They should tell you what to do.

Here is a video too...

Maybe for IMU calibration but for compass calibration, should be done before every new flight.

which calibration are we discusing?
compass, IMU, stick, gimbal ??

Ok, thanks everyone. It always calibrates when I move it horizontally, but never when I do it vertically. However, I can fly it just fine, in GPS mode, and have never had any problems so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks though.

Sorry man, does the app tell you it fails, are you just going by the lights?

Just watched the video and when the guy finishes each time he rotates back to face the camera.

Anyways, that made it look odd, I may have to turn another quarter turn before the vertical takes.

Have you seen anything on the compass values? What they should be on the IMU screen?
I will see if I can find that info.

Rod

Added: This has a little bit, but I have seen more.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj