no map showing on screen

Reaction score
when everything is turned on, controller, P3A and android tablet, I see the picture from the camera but the GPS map is just a white screen with my location and the quad location but no map view. I have tried changing to satellite view etc with the same white screen.

Thanks, Jim

when everything is turned on, controller, P3A and android tablet, I see the picture from the camera but the GPS map is just a white screen with my location and the quad location but no map view. I have tried changing to satellite view etc with the same white screen.

Thanks, Jim
Sounds like your maps are not cached. Does the device you are using have Internet access? If it doesn't you need to connect the device you are flying with to the Internet and get the map for the location you are flying.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Reactions: junglejimt
Thanks, I will try that. funny thing is when I flew a week or so ago, I had the map but today when I tried to fly, the map was gone and just the white grid screen.

Thanks, I will try that. funny thing is when I flew a week or so ago, I had the map but today when I tried to fly, the map was gone and just the white grid screen.
Has nothing to do with the internet. The satellites should generate the maps. Don't have a solution.

John according to the satellites I had 11 of them acquired on my DJI screen. so it that were the case you would think I would have the map.

@m0j0 is correct. The only way for anyone to have maps is if they have been downloaded / cached in GO directly or into another app that your device can access. If you can access the Internet in the field to download maps that works fine. If you don't have Internet access in the field and you haven't already downloaded them in advance, you won't have access to maps. Satellites / GPS does not directly download maps to your device.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with the internet. The satellites should generate the maps. Don't have a solution.
Nope, he needs to cache the map or have wifi or data to get the maps, the drone uses satellites for GPS location, they do not provide maps.

Reactions: junglejimt
Thanks Oso, so if you are going to fly in an area where you don't have Internet you have to download the map prior to going to the area.

correct

Thanks Oso, so if you are going to fly in an area where you don't have Internet you have to download the map prior to going to the area.
Yes, that's right. If your device does not already have maps downloaded or cached, you must do that first if you will not have Internet access. It's simple to do in the GO app if you want to have maps. They are not a must have as you have seen already.

Disregard any advice that tells you GPS downloads map data to your device. That advice normally comes from people who already have map data downloaded/cached and they mistakenly believe it is coming from GPS.

Correct...

Sounds like your maps are not cached. Does the device you are using have Internet access? If it doesn't you need to connect the device you are flying with to the Internet and get the map for the location you are flying.

To use in the field, make sure the DJI App is allowed to use Mobile Data. On my Android phone that is in the Connections/Data and scroll down to the DJI app and make sure the check ox is not ticked.

Regards Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31