no live video feed

Reaction score
After updating firmware a few months ago, my live video feed stopped working and has never come back online since. Everything else seems to work perfectly.

I ping'd the wireless extender and it is talking. I ping'd the TOP and BOTTOM PCB board of the WiFi module and only the TOP is responding. When I look at what things are broadcasting wireless signal, only the phantom seems to be sending a signal, as when I turn it off, the signal drops off. If I turn off the extender, then no signals disappear. The only signal I can find when everything is turned on and bound together is the DJI innovations wireless signal that I named...

So, is it the 100$ extender or the 189$ wifi module that needs to be replaced?

The directions I used to ping the wifi card can be found at :
RC Groups - View Single Post - DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
  1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
  2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
  3. ping 192.168.1.2
    If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
  4. ping 192.168.1.1
    If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
  5. ping 192.168.1.10
    If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
    If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken
Please help me.
Thank you
Walter

Last edited:
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken
Yes.
i find my fault .
Send it for warranty service now

[file]NEW WIFI MODULE FOR HEATING PROBLEM 2|thumb|none[/file]
[file]NEW WIFI MODULE FOR HEATING PROBLEM|thumb|none[/file]

The Wifi Card is now sell with a lot of holes.

Thanks and hope it's works better.

Like this ;)

Attachments

• 1452611235988.jpg
    1452611235988.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 787
  • 1452611253095.jpg
    1452611253095.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 765
I also have no video feed on my P2V+ ver 3 but have telemetry, etc. Latest firmware everywhere. Latest app on multiple tablets and phone. Following the ping testing described earlier in this thread, I am not getting a ping response from 192.168.1.10 although I do get a response from the ".1" and ".2" addresses. I've never done it before so I have not experienced actually getting a reply from the ".10" address. Can anyone confirm on a working system that they get a response from 192.168.1.10?

I also have no video feed on my P2V+ ver 3 but have telemetry, etc. Latest firmware everywhere. Latest app on multiple tablets and phone. Following the ping testing described earlier in this thread, I am not getting a ping response from 192.168.1.10 although I do get a response from the ".1" and ".2" addresses. I've never done it before so I have not experienced actually getting a reply from the ".10" address. Can anyone confirm on a working system that they get a response from 192.168.1.10?
Like you, I have no video feed to phone but have all the telemetry. Like you, ping .1 & .2 reply but .10 fails. Please, somebody with a working video feed test the pings and report back.

Ok I just did check my Phantom 2 vision plus
and got all 3 pings
IMG_20160614_204740361.jpg
IMG_20160614_204755492.jpg
I know that some times it does take longer for the video to start showing.
What you can do is re bind your range extender with your drone. its in you app setting/ binding/scan QR code scan.

i suppose your Wifi module is dead like me. I buy another for 189.99US + shipping. I buy new, because all used is sold about 115 to 150$ for used modules. Try to rebind before!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj