No live stream, only buffering.

Reaction score
So now that I finally got a connection to the camera, I haven't obtained live video on phone. It does record, and it shows up in my folder...just no live feed. Have tried it on both my iPhone 6s and iPad Air.
Here's what I've done:

Read manual, no info on this
Updated firmware on both camera and drone.
Formatted sd card
App set to lowest preview (320x240 15fps)
Available storage on phone is 2.7 GB
Reset and re-binded wifi repeater
Deleted and reinstalled DJI Vision app on both devices.

Any suggestions?

e0150fd4aa41f79cbf05c0d12b03c111.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Blimey you've tried everything:)

Have you tried rebooting your iPhone/pad by holding down the home/power on button together.

Also make sure the camera cable is pushed all the way into the camera. Sometimes it looks like it's in but not.

Worth a go;)

Hiya Clampit! You must think I have the worst luck in the world. haha
Yes, checked cord and and restarted iPhone.
I even went as far as to purchase the Autopilot app for $30 and it doesn't have a feed either. that app is also crashing like crazy but thats a question for their support.
I think i read on another thread a few days ago that there is a separate ribbon cable for the camera feed inside. But I couldn't find it again. I guess it's time to call DJI. Again. So far they are batting 0-3 on the ability to solve my issues.
I'll keep you posted.

I actually looked at that thread earlier, as well as one on how to replace the wifi module in the unit. Scary! I do like the black body though. It would be much easier to see in the sky.
I talked to DJI support and they will look at it for no charge and pay shipping both ways; so I can't really see any sense buying another wifi card on the assumption that it is the problem. I kind of got the feeling that they are aware this is a common issue which is why they will pay shipping. If I can provide a receipt and the bad part is still under warranty, there will be no charge at all.
It's going to take few weeks, probably a month but at least I will have it factory checked.
I appreciate you trying to help on all my woes. Maybe soon we can actually discuss flying. :)

That's great news, DJI will get it sorted then you can FLY & see what's going on via your FPV;)

Would be very interesting what the problem was so you'll have to keep us updated.

So for the next couple of weeks you'll be doing this.......:D

giphy.gif

That's great news, DJI will get it sorted then you can FLY & see what's going on via your FPV;)

Would be very interesting what the problem was so you'll have to keep us updated.

So for the next couple of weeks you'll be doing this.......:D

giphy.gif
Haha,, yes. That will be exactly what I'll be doing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj