No Live Feed

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have scanned the forum and found multiple threads regarding loss of Live Feed. all are over a year old so I thought I would start a fresh thread.

I have P2V+ and have had a years happy flying until now. I have not crashed, dropped or done anything that may have caused damage.

The drone pairs with the Wi-Fi transmitter. Images and video are recorded. Gimbal operation from the app works fine. Telemetry is displayed and updates as it should. No error message at all, just a black screen with the loading image spinning.

I have tried the following:

- Opened up the drone and checked all cables running from Gimbal to the board, removed and reseated them and all pins are staright and present.
- Reset and binded all devices
- Deleted and reinstalled DJI Vision App
- Updated the firmware on Wi-Fi Transmitter, Hand Controller and Drone
- I have changed the preview quality to 320x240 15fps

Any ideas please?

Join the club, did the same thing, put away a perfectly good phantom 2 vision + to then take it out in the spring, do the updates, and find no video feed just the spinning wheel on the screen.
I wish the company would take responsibility for this, many people have expirenced the same exact problem having done nothing wrong on their part.

Same problem with both Vision ad Vision Plus quadcopters. Both were working fine when stored away (when I got a P3). I took them out to pass one along to my grandson and both did not have FPV, all other functions worked fine on both quadcopters. I tried the Litchi app recommended on another thread about this problem and had the same results: no FPV, everything else worked ok. I checked the output on both using a Wi-Fi analyzer and the hidden signal from the Phantom keeps cycling (about every 5 to 30 seconds) from no output to full output although it never shows FPV on tablet. The named signal (Phantomxxxxxx) from Wi-Fi extender on transmitter stays at full output on both.

DJI should step up and take responsibility for causing this fault. The updated firmware automatically installed itself when I checked for new updates.

I was waiting for the P5 because the P4 did not have enough improvements to justify the cost to step up from a P3 but I am rethinking that now if this is how DJI treats their customers.

Reactions: TiMtImInYtImTiM
Wifi module dead.
To test, use a laptop or wireless device and connect the Phantoms wifi.
Ping 192.168.1.1 (range extender)
Ping 192.168.1.2 (upper wifi module board)
Ping 192.168.1.10 (lower wifi module board). If the lower board does not ping then that's your problem.

Reactions: TiMtImInYtImTiM
Wifi module dead.
To test, use a laptop or wireless device and connect the Phantoms wifi.
Ping 192.168.1.1 (range extender)
Ping 192.168.1.2 (upper wifi module board)
Ping 192.168.1.10 (lower wifi module board). If the lower board does not ping then that's your problem.

Thank you I will give this a go

Re___Request_Received__DJI_Phantom_2_V__No_Live_Feed_-_Sent.jpg

How I can test Ping 192.168.1.1 after connect the Wifi Phantom? Do you mean use browser ?

Thanks

Connect to the phantom's wifi.
On PC devices > Click start > Run > Type CMD and press enter. This will start a DOS box.
Type PING 192.168.1.XXX on the prompt and press enter.

If you own a MAC then get stuffed :)

Same issue here... Done ping tests - with no result from lower wifi module - no what? How can DJI release a firmware upgrade that kills a wifi module - My drone is not under warranty anymore - How can they expect us to pay for them releasing killer firmware - cmon?

Same issue here... Done ping tests - with no result from lower wifi module - no what? How can DJI release a firmware upgrade that kills a wifi module - My drone is not under warranty anymore - How can they expect us to pay for them releasing killer firmware - cmon?

My understanding is that there is 2 differents issues here , one was create by wrong updates and it create problem with the flight system , and the other problem the "NO live Feed " with all the telemetry fonctionning with ph2v+ and with the dji vision app is create by a over heating wifi module that is doing both transmission of video and telemetry . The over heating would not affect telemetry transmission but would affect the video transmission , so the module as to be change . Am i right if somebody can correct me i am more welcome to suggestion since my bird is impatient to show live image .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31