No live feed on iPhone black screen spinning wheel, etc.

Reaction score
Not sure what is going on. My phantom is 8 months old and has about 20 hrs of flight time. My last flight was in October with no issues. Took it out 2 weeks ago and went through the normal startup procedures connected phantom to the phone yet all I got was a black screen with a spinning wheel. All normal info is displayed, height, speed, satellites, power, etc. I can move the camera up and down via phone and rc. If I try to take a picture it does its normal shutter animation then I get a "network timeout" error.

I have all the current firmware updates for the drone and rc, latest app version, have tried different phones and sd cards all with the same results.

I emailed dji support and got a response telling me to do all the things I already told them I did in the email and I keep waiting on hold when I try to call them.

What the heck is going on?

Did your iphone do an update to IOS, if so you need to download the very latest app THAT CORRECTS THAT ISSUE. If you have the latest app and the issue is still there see if any of this helps

Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
. Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
Try reformatting the SD card with full format.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
If that's ok then it's most likely a damaged or burnt out wifi transmitter if you still see the SID.

Not sure what is going on. My phantom is 8 months old and has about 20 hrs of flight time. My last flight was in October with no issues. Took it out 2 weeks ago and went through the normal startup procedures connected phantom to the phone yet all I got was a black screen with a spinning wheel. All normal info is displayed, height, speed, satellites, power, etc. I can move the camera up and down via phone and rc. If I try to take a picture it does its normal shutter animation then I get a "network timeout" error.

I have all the current firmware updates for the drone and rc, latest app version, have tried different phones and sd cards all with the same results.

I emailed dji support and got a response telling me to do all the things I already told them I did in the email and I keep waiting on hold when I try to call them.

What the heck is going on?
Hello, im having the same issues, did you solved? any recommendation?

I've seen this problem all over the internet and it happened to me yesterday. Everything is working except that I get a black screen on my phone in lieu of what the camera is seeing. Camera works as it can take photos and video but you cannot see what it is seeing. All I read is that the updated app that we've all downloaded doesn't work.

I'm hoping someone had figured this out.

same problem here, black screen with endless spinning circle in the middle.. the LED in the gimbal shoots a green short flash every 2 seconds, gimbal can be tilted and telemetry data are received normally..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 18.06.53.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 18.06.53.png
    105 KB · Views: 520
  • File 31-01-16, 18 06 19.png
    File 31-01-16, 18 06 19.png
    465.2 KB · Views: 548
Had the same trouble. I contacted Dji Europe asking for a free intervention (8 months owning). They opened a ticket for me and sent me a Rmi module to compile. I shipped my p2v+ and the module to Netherlands. After 15 days my drone came home fully operational, I just had to rebind camera and RC. Don't know what they did. Total cost 30€ for shipping to Netherlands...

same problem here, black screen with endless spinning circle in the middle.. the LED in the gimbal shoots a green short flash every 2 seconds, gimbal can be tilted and telemetry data are received normally..

AND....YESS!! photos and video are recorded!!! must be an app issue...

A couple of things I would try first......Reformat your sd card and get some DeoxIT Gold.... or something similar to clean the large and small battery connectors. I've had the 'No live feed' issue a few times and one or the other has resolved the issue each time.

Hello, im having the same issues, did you solved? any recommendation?
I contacted DJI and had to pay ($49 thru usps) to send it to them but they fixed it (bad wi-fi unit?) and shipped it back for free. Took about 3 weeks total. Works great now.

Does anyone know how to download the older version of the DJI Vision app before they did the update and screwed up the visibility to what the camera sees on the vision 2+? I've read that if you can get back to the older app, the app will then see what the camera sees.

Hopefully someone out there knows how.

Today I experienced the same issue with no camera image on the iPad Mini2 screen. I'm at IOS 9.2.1 and have the latest updates to the vision 2+ based on today's connection on the PT2 app with Mavericks on my MacBook. All settings appeared Normal in the App, so I disconnected, rebooted the Phantom and both the iPad Mini2 and an iPad 3 (IOS8.3) which I used before the iPad Mini2 arrived. Nothing else appears amiss.
I can connect to the Phantom network, launch the App and if I select "albums" the files play through the WiFi from the SD chip on the Phantom thru the network to the iPad (Streaming Video) just fine. I can manipulate the camera and change all the settings as normally. The network shows in the top of the Camera App as it should, all batteries are charged, the SD chip is good. I can only assume the issue is in the transmit from the camera out to the Phantom network as the playback passes the signal without issue, but the camera image does not jump onto the network. Since it does the same on both iPads I figure the Apps are OK. I did resort back to my iPod Touch Rev 4 which was my first flight monitor and although it connects the Phantom, the DJI Vision App which worked a few weeks back will crash on launch and also this affects the Network status LED on the Range Extender. The typical busy flicked goes to off then on at about 3/4 second intervals. When I shut the iPod Touch off after a few seconds the LED goes back to it's typical flicker and the iPads will now join and the Apps launch but still no camera view. It's important to note that no two devices can be on the camera app at the same time, they can be on the network, but not the camera app section, since all this takes place on WiFi N network channel 6 only. The iPads have 128GB and plenty of space left (60 + GB) There are three IOS versions (Latest for each device and all working a couple weeks ago). I've reinserted the SD cards (3) from 4 to 8 to 32GB, all of which have been recorded on prior. The frame rate I'm using is already 15fps (640) as the 30 fps caused serious delays of over 30 seconds in the video feed. I tried pressing in on the wires with a plastic probe as best I could, but this happened while sitting on the table. I ran the camera after the last flight when I put it on the table to get a time date stamp. Then poor weather caused about 10 days to go by until today and as usual before I take the Phantom out in the world I did a pre-flight system check and found no camera image. This bird has been back to DJI once before when it would tip over backwards on take off all the time. When it was returned it flew OK but the Gimbal kept partially loosing power and jerking about 50% of the time while it held smooth the other time. I was getting a few minutes of usable footage, Now I can't even see what I'm shooting. I wish I had some form of block diagram or wiring harness diagram to know what the various parts are doing to help isolate these issues, I'd hoped to be a camera operator, not a service technician, this gets a bit discouraging some times. I shoot video on a Flip cam of all the things that happen and have more footage of weirdness and failures than flight.

The last time that I flew the P2V+ was early November of last year.
Last week I charged up the batteries in prep for weekend flying.
I did not upgrade to the latest iOS app version.
Everything worked as normal on the bench Friday night.
At the field Saturday, I got the black screen/spinning wheel issue.
A few attempts at SD card format, switching batteries, changing video feed resolution did not help.
I went on and let the app update and did a hard reboot on the iPhone 6S.
Everything went back to normal.

I should have not done the two changes together, so I don't know whether the app or the reboot cured the problem.
Either way, cured...

in most cases it is the wifi unit. i have couple available if needed.
they are first version (non-perforated) but arctic silver paste mod has been done

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi module - USED
Hunch, appreciate the offer. I still have a lot to learn about these devices before I start swapping parts, but that may change as I get more experience. The bird has a couple other issues with the gimbal and take-off, tipping over backwards. It was sent in for the take-off issue last August and came back flying better but still, a slow take off will result in tipping over backwards quite often, Prop guards help this but lower flight time, and it's better than doing that every time. When it came back the Gimbal had a twitch which appeared to be a loss of power to the horizontal hold. It would be fine for several minutes, then look like the power got turned off and the camera was just hanging and drifting, then snap back into position for a while. Made it difficult to get a smooth shot on the first try. Only recently did the camera go black. Thinking about it, although the chip plays back fine through the Wifi, the Camera does not. It seems there must be two WiFi circuits, one HiRes for playback and one LowRes for flight monitoring since they have two distinctly different data rates and resolutions. I called DJI and they suggested I send it in. Hopefully they can look at all the issues and get it back to the way it should be. I have one other guy in my area that has a DJI and can only compare to how his is working, which is much better than mine. The first return took 12 weeks and I lost the whole summer, this time they are saying 3 weeks (a vast improvement) and the current weather here is not much fun to fly with rain and snow and wind, so the timing is not so bad.

Ok let me know. I'm in MN and can diagnose it in a day or two from the time I get it in.

Everything that is described here is what I am experiencing. I last flew my drone (p2 v+) about two months ago, now this! The batteries have only been recharged 11 times....everything worked fine. Now I have the"loading circle of doom", while everything else works fine. I did EVERYTHING suggested here......no luck. I don't have the confidence to work on this bird.....any suggestions on who I can send it in for repair? Live in Louisiana. This is frustrating! It cost me over $1350 a year ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers