no light

Reaction score
Went flying this morning and on my first flight about 4 minutes in I noticed my green light went out . no blinking of any color.I landed it without a problem as soon as I noticed it.Any idea why this happened??

if its got no colors at all. The cable could of came lose from the naza controller inside some how.

I did a second flight with a fresh battery and I get the green light slow flash while flying.It appears to me that when the green light is out when batt get's low but my red light will not come on l also get no amber
Iight when in atti mode.could this be a problem with the led module?I only seem to get green lights

ya sounds like a problem with the light unless its just got a lose connection and only getting power threw the pins that would light the green.

Dang I just had my shell open and closed back up a few minuts ago to mod my anttenas and could of got a pic for you.

The led module is a little board right in the back of the big leds done. it sits right in the back of the end of the battery compartment under some protective foam tape. actually I just thought of some thing else to and the battery hitting could of knocked some thing lose or broke some thing.

But were it plugs in is in to the naza controller inside the fc40 thats a orange colored box that sides on top of the main circuit board that has all the wires plugged in to it.

I took apart,the nazza plug looks ok the foam protector behind the light looks like there is some white gunk around the wires.Is that where it is ?I would have to peel that
back .that is where the module is?
L
Za

ya the the led is behind that tape foam stuff. That white gunk is probably the silicone adhesive they use to stick stuff down with and to hold wires from moving. That is some times a real pain in the but to get off and needs to be carefully cut with a razor blade. i its on some thing that it wont peel off easy

The module is with the light behind the tape?can't hurt anything taking that tape off can I?I would like to check the connections. That module must be pretty small

There should be a tinycircut bard behind that tape if thats what you mean by the module. But if you are asking about the naza module the led board plugs in to. thats up inside the main shell on top of the main circuit board and is black plastic box with an orange sticker on it.
.jpg
Here is a pic showing the main board and the led module the led module is the small board on the left with the wire and black plug on it.

Ok thanks. If I should have to replace it providing it has good connections any idea where i can get one,suggestions?is it possible with the silicone that a wire could have come off.

rogerdel said:
Ok thanks. If I should have to replace it providing it has good connections any idea where i can get one,suggestions?is it possible with the silicone that a wire could have come off.

Did you pull the connector from the NAZA and plug it back in again. If you still have the issue I would think the led is in the process of failing. If you want you can get one of these (look below) and check that Naza is sending all correct signals since it has an led on it. I just bought one for $15.00 delivered. If amazon doesn't have any check ebay or a hobby place..

google the following

DJI Naza-M Multi-rotor Auto Pilot Version 2 LED Only

if not the blac plug lose from the naza controller it, it probably the led had one of its connections come off the circuit board. If so they can be a real pain to re solder on being they are not made to be soldered on with a soldering iron tho it is doable but not easy.

Tho if it is a lose connection and you take the board its on out and press down on the led it might make contact and light. then at least you will know if thats what is wrong or not. I had one completely fall off one of the speed controllers on a phantom 2 that has a tri color led in it like that and I tried 4 times to solder it back on and could only get 2 of the colors to come back.

Tho they are not really all that easy to solder on to a board like old school threw board components and are smc connections were all the parts are layed on the board with paste solder on the contacts and then they are put in a controlled temperature oven and brought up to a temperature just hot enough to re flow all the solder then cooled. If any one ever wondered how they solder stuff so close together. In a lot of cases esp things that cheap its worth the saved hassle to just replace.

This is slightly off topic, but since you are inside the quad I was wondering how you modded your antennas for the quad. I was thinking about this myself but have not seen much about anyone doing this.

J.James said:
Dang I just had my shell open and closed back up a few minuts ago to mod my anttenas and could of got a pic for you.

The led module is a little board right in the back of the big leds done. it sits right in the back of the end of the battery compartment under some protective foam tape. actually I just thought of some thing else to and the battery hitting could of knocked some thing lose or broke some thing.

But were it plugs in is in to the naza controller inside the fc40 thats a orange colored box that sides on top of the main circuit board that has all the wires plugged in to it.

This is slightly off topic, but since you are inside the quad I was wondering how you modded your antennas for the quad. I was thinking about this myself but have not seen much about anyone doing this.

I had one of them two gray antennas break and was not getting as good of range as it got before it broke which is what made me decide to try a removable antenna. I did it sort of like how every one does the mod to the transmitter and put a rp-sma pig tail pluged in to one of the spots the real antenna plugs in to on the reviver. and ran the connecter out the hole on the landing gear that the old antenna came out threw. Tho so far the results were not all that good. I tried a clover leaf antenna set with a 4 blade rx on on the fc40 and a 3 blade one on my transmitter and only got about 750m with the clover leafs. Tho I was not impressed at all. So Im going to try some of my straight antennas on it and go back to using them or a panel antenna on the tx and see if it gives me any better range then I was getting with the stock ones on the phantom and the panel on the transmitter. If not i'm putting the old one back on. and going to see if i can tune it better. I think the tip is either to long or to short. by a faction of a mm and why its not working as good as it did before it broke off and I tried to repair it.

It seems like the length of the cable is a factor in the way it works. I Plan on modding mine and trying a variety of antennas. I will give it and try and let you know which is the best one.

J.James said:

I had one of them two gray antennas break and was not getting as good of range as it got before it broke which is what made me decide to try a removable antenna. I did it sort of like how every one does the mod to the transmitter and put a rp-sma pig tail pluged in to one of the spots the real antenna plugs in to on the reviver. and ran the connecter out the hole on the landing gear that the old antenna came out threw. Tho so far the results were not all that good. I tried a clover leaf antenna set with a 4 blade rx on on the fc40 and a 3 blade one on my transmitter and only got about 750m with the clover leafs. Tho I was not impressed at all. So Im going to try some of my straight antennas on it and go back to using them or a panel antenna on the tx and see if it gives me any better range then I was getting with the stock ones on the phantom and the panel on the transmitter. If not i'm putting the old one back on. and going to see if i can tune it better. I think the tip is either to long or to short. by a faction of a mm and why its not working as good as it did before it broke off and I tried to repair it.

It seems like the length of the cable is a factor in the way it works. I Plan on modding mine and trying a variety of antennas. I will give it and try and let you know which is the best one.

Ya that tiny wire on the end is one of the poles of the antenna and is very critical on the length esp on 5.8 ghz which is such a small wave length. Even the thickness of the solder can throw the length off enough to make it be off the 0.1 tolerance in length that it should be in to be perfectly tuned with the other pole on it thats in the thick tube on the top of the center conductor.

The stock ones I will give dji or who ever designed them is a pretty well made do hickey

Think i found one on ebay led board for light .is it just stuck to the back of the led.will it just pull off?or is the led part of it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik