No LED lights on startup "Not DJI Intelligent Battery"

Reaction score
Out of no where my Phantom is refusing to turn on and when I connect it to the Phantom Assistant it is saying "Not DJI Intelligent Battery" even though it is the battery that came with the Phantom.

Getting very tired of these stupid little problems that keep happening with this thing.

Anyone have any fix for this?

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

More information about your setup would be helpful for debugging.

My guess is you have recently updated software (?) and possibly have an iOSD mini?

If so, try unplugging the mini OSD, booting up the quadcopter, THEN plugging in the mini OSD. It will likely work then.

Rumor is that upgrading their firmware to the very latest will fix this. Personally, having been bit by the prior "upgrade", I am waiting a bit before doing so.

Strategist said:
More information about your setup would be helpful for debugging.

My guess is you have recently updated software (?) and possibly have an iOSD mini?

If so, try unplugging the mini OSD, booting up the quadcopter, THEN plugging in the mini OSD. It will likely work then.

Rumor is that upgrading their firmware to the very latest will fix this. Personally, having been bit by the prior "upgrade", I am waiting a bit before doing so.

Thanks for the reply. It's a Phantom 2 non vision with H3-3D gimbal, iosd mini and boscam ts353 video transmitter.

Have not upgraded firmware at all. Worked out of the box so have avoided any upgrade. Was connected to computer yesterday but that was just to adjust a gimbal setting and never accepted the upgrade.

Will try unplugging iosd as I really don't want all those speed restrictions and problems forced upon everyone in latest upgrade.

When did you get the Phantom? If you haven't updated the firmware ever, note that the earlier ones did have problems with the battery firmware and connection to the battery data pins.

I would check to make sure you're getting good contact between the two small spring-loaded pins and the contact pads on the battery, clean them off well. If you can't get it working, contact your dealer, DJI has definitely been on the lookout for bum smart batteries and has been replacing bad ones.

ElGuano said:
When did you get the Phantom? If you haven't updated the firmware ever, note that the earlier ones did have problems with the battery firmware and connection to the battery data pins.

I would check to make sure you're getting good contact between the two small spring-loaded pins and the contact pads on the battery, clean them off well. If you can't get it working, contact your dealer, DJI has definitely been on the lookout for bum smart batteries and has been replacing bad ones.

Hey ElGuano, thanks for the reply. I've had it for about 2 - 3 months now. It is the P2 model with the hole cut out of the bottom to accommodate the H3-3D. Not exactly sure which firmware I'm on but if I have been using the Phantom Assistant 1.08 to do calibrations and other stuff because when I try and open the Phantom Assistant 3 it won't let me do anything until I update.

I have tried cleaning the pins but still no luck. LED's just won't stay on on startup.

The H3-3D shell versions are as recent as they get...you can check your versions in the "Upgrade" tab in Assistant.

Now, if you really don't want to update to 3.04, you may want to just contact your dealer and see if they'll swap out batteries for you. "Non-recognized battery" is one of those things that happens to some batteries and DJI seems to be replacing them.

They may ask you to update everything first, since the battery, mainboard and Naza all have occasional firmware updates that are designed to work best together. As you're probably aware, a lot of people don't want to deal with the 3.04 limits, which is fair, but without going through this step it's hard for them to know whether a new battery will solve the issue. FWIW, I'm running a P1 and hex with no limits, and a P2 with 3.04, and the limits don't bother me at all, I wouldn't have even noticed them if they weren't mentioned in the release notes. But I tend to fly high and slow...no need for acrobatics or full tilt anything with a P2V+.

Updated the firmware last night and all seems to be working but I'm worried this is just masking a bigger problem. Seems to me they have battery problems and all of a sudden the Phantom rejects the battery. So they release an firmware update that says to the Phantom "just ignore the battery if it tells you something is wrong". I am going to attempt to downgrade firmware back to 1.08 tonight and see if it rejects the battery again. Then I will look at getting it replaced.

The new speed limits really aren't acceptable to me. I mean I do not fly around at max speed but at least I know if something was to happen, like the wind picks up, I've got a bit of power and speed up my sleeve.

I see it like owning a 6 or 8 cylinder car over a small 4 cylinder. Sure for driving around the city the 4 is fine but if I ever need to overtake a truck of something having the extra power becomes safer instead of more dangerous.

Joel_t said:
The new speed limits really aren't acceptable to me. I mean I do not fly around at max speed but at least I know if something was to happen, like the wind picks up, I've got a bit of power and speed up my sleeve.

Sure, you should get what you paid for, no need to justify it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers