No joy with my new P3P, app won't connect, props won't turn

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just picked up a P3P, charged the batteries and am running into two problems.

1 - I can't get it to connect to my Galaxy S6. The app shows 'Connect' for the Inspire, but just the 'how to connect' help for the P3P. I've enabled USB Debugging. Tried disabling, deauthorizing, rebooting and enabling, no diference.

2 - The motors won't turn. No matter what I do with the controls.

I feel like I'm missing something terribly obvious.

What order are you turning the controller and the phantom on? There is a link button you might try. Controller first phantom after that

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Hi folks, thanks for the help.

I think something might be wrong with the transmitter. I've tried now both with my S6 and an iPad and neither enables the ability to enter camera view. I've followed the instructions in 'how to connect' bit by bit, turn on transmitter, turn on intelligent battery, attach mobile device to transmitter. If i turn off the transmitter i can see the link light on the P3P go red, and return to green when i turn the transmitter back on. I think i'm going to return it.

Thanks again

Bob

Have you connected the display device to Wifi and registered with DJI?
This is required the first time to register the drone with DJI. After no more.

Hi folks,

I had a fit of tenacity this morning and tried again. Apparently I left out a vital detail last night, try using the USB cable that ships with it.

Immediately after plugging it in, I get the activation dialog box and everything basically has worked fine since then. The only hiccup has been one stubborn IMU initialization but beyond that it has been running pretty well.

I don't actually know what's wrong with the USB cable that I was using. Since then I found one other one that doesn't work and I've that does. All of them seem to be fine fit general purpose USB cable duty.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions.

Bob

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Hi folks,

I had a fit of tenacity this morning and tried again. Apparently I left out a vital detail last night, try using the USB cable that ships with it.

Immediately after plugging it in, I get the activation dialog box and everything basically has worked fine since then. The only hiccup has been one stubborn IMU initialization but beyond that it has been running pretty well.

I don't actually know what's wrong with the USB cable that I was using. Since then I found one other one that doesn't work and I've that does. All of them seem to be fine fit general purpose USB cable duty.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions.

Bob
This isn't all that unusual. I've seen perhaps a dozen posts over the past year of a bad USB cable. Glad you figured it out.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav