NO internet available

Reaction score
I am going to a place where there are NO internet connection at all. Not understanding EXACTLY how all the comms work, can you please help me:

1. Comms between the drone (p4p) and controller - I understand it does NOT need any internet connection?
2. The Ipad Mini4 I am using - to show the map where the drone is flying - that map info is coming from the internet (Google maps - I assume?)
3. If (2) is true - Then I can save offline maps on iPad with the Google Maps app?
4. How do you know which freq to use between 2.400 - 2.483 GHz and 5.725 - 5.825 GHz? How do you switch between the freq?

Thanks in advance

You don't need an Internet connection to fly. If you want to be able to see the maps while you fly, then cache them in a location where you have an Internet connection before you head out. Check out this post for more details on caching the maps in DJI GO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoiboyz
thanks for your quick response

How do you know which freq to use between 2.400 - 2.483 GHz and 5.725 - 5.825 GHz? How do you switch between the freq?

You can switch the frequency in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Frequency.jpg

After changing the frequency, you'll be able to see how stable it is on the graph below. Choose the frequency that gives you the best results for your current location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers