no intelligent battery and basic calibration error

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a phantom 2 with MC firmware 3.14 and main board 1.0.2.10, after a crash I'm getting the "Not DJI Intelligent Battery!" error in the phantom assistant, with the two rear lights solid red. I've also noticed that when I move the drone slightly or even tap a "basic calibration error" pops up, if I don't touch it the error goes away. The zenmuse cable plug was damaged in the crash, so may have shorted something I guess, although the connector on the board seems fine. I've tried a different battery, checked and cleaned all the connections, did a hard reset, calibrated. no luck.

Does anyone know what the issue might be? Does it seem like it would be the controller or the circuit board?

thanks

edit: I've notice that "basic calibration error" doesn't happen after about 60 seconds of the quad being on? The is also a bit of fluctuating of the gyroscope values between about -0.2 to 0.2 when sitting on the desk. Is this normal?

Last edited:
I have had my P2 for 4 weeks. I have flown it twice and now I only get solid red lights. I have read the manual and updated all of the software and clean the contacts. What I'm I missing? This is my first drone and I was hoping for a better initial experience.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

I have had my P2 for 4 weeks. I have flown it twice and now I only get solid red lights. I have read the manual and updated all of the software and clean the contacts. What I'm I missing? This is my first drone and I was hoping for a better initial experience.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
Plug into your computer and find out what the error is using the dji software.

A pop up screen "Not a DJI Intelligent Battery". This is the battery that came with the unit, Phantom Intelligent Flight Battery.

Make sure the battery is securely attached and the terminals are clean. I had to replace the main board on my phantom to fix the problem.

Thanks. I will clean terminals. I just got it so if that does not work I will return it.

A pop up screen "Not a DJI Intelligent Battery". This is the battery that came with the unit, Phantom Intelligent Flight Battery.

Thanks. I will clean terminals. I just got it so if that does not work I will return it.

Check the two spring loaded pins under the battery terminals. If either of those pins or both do not make connect with the pads on the battery you will receive the following error message. You can confirm this by connecting the P2 to it's software and checking the for the battery info.

Of course if you have crash the P2 you may have other internally and the only other way resolve the issue is to open the shell or return the unit to the supplier for exchange.

Battery info.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie