No Image transmission

Reaction score
I just got my P3P back from repair. Had an encounter with a tree and the Gimbal arm was bend. When I booted the Phantom upI wanted to make sure that I was up to date on FW and recalibrate the IMU. Upgraded to Firmware v1.9.60. - but once I was back up, I get "No image transmission". I see a lot of other threads with people having the same issue - and I have been able to sum it up to these possibilities based on the threads:
1) Firmware bug
2) Firmware bug but in combination with certain types of SD cards, works with some SD cards, and not with others
3) Fried gimbal card due to heat during upgrade.

Has anyone solved this by downgrading? Has DJI acknowledged a FW bug? Or is this only solved by repair?

I had the same problem. My USB cable was broken. I bought a new cable. Now the problem is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had the same problem. My USB cable was broken. I bought a new cable. Now the problem is gone.

Same for myself. Bought 3 new cords. One dedicated to my iPad. The 2nd dedicated to my controller iPad connection & the third in my flight bag in case of an issue in the field as a backup.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have tried several cables - all of these work on my Inspire 1 V2 and I have also tried with a Samsung Android S7 Edge, I believe it was.. So wish it was something as easy as a new cable.

I suspect it is not firmware, because when I take a known good PRO camera/gimbal assembly and connect it to a PRO, everything works. Firmware is up to date on the bird.
Yes my FW should be UTD - I have installed v1.9.60 on the AC - the app is on 2.8.5 and RC on 1.6.0... Never had this issue before

BTW - Do any of you guys (or gals) know how to decipher the "Hidden" Upgrade log from the misc folder (Running Mac)?

Has this been really solved? I use the 2.8.7 app, the RC version 1.6.0 and the aircraft firmware 1.9.60; these are all the recommended current versions. But I keep loosing the video feed (No Image Transmission), even when the phantom is standing or flying just 5m away. This was definitely never the case before the latest firmware upgrade.

Has this been really solved? I use the 2.8.7 app, the RC version 1.6.0 and the aircraft firmware 1.9.60; these are all the recommended current versions. But I keep loosing the video feed (No Image Transmission), even when the phantom is standing or flying just 5m away. This was definitely never the case before the latest firmware upgrade.

RC version for AC on FW 1.9 must be 1.80+

Sorry, I have AC FW 1.9.60 and RC 1.60, that's what is latest. Are you sure you have a Phantom 3 RC (GL300A, B or C) and not an Inspire one?

Sorry, see your post update too late. I forget to publish it.

I had a similar issue a few days ago. I did a update to the newest fw,I think I skipped 2 versions (total brain fart and rushing) drone was sitting packed for a few months. I did the upgrade and about 20 min in it failed long beep. I tried several times to re install with no luck, I then updated the rc and fired up the drone and it said I was on newest fw's. I had no video feed " no image transmission" so I started looking on the forums and came across several people saying their gimbal main board burned up form the update somehow. I also read about the memory card issue so I went out and bought a new card. I forced a down grade fw and it finished, the weird thing is it still says I am on 1.9 fw but everything is now working. The range is terrible now I don't know if that has anything to do with the upgrading

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj