No image transmission signal

Reaction score
I've been getting this (picture) in the banner followed by a Weak Transmission Image Signal.
Seems to take the photo but doesn't save it to SD.
Has anyone seen this before or know of a thread about this.
I posted a pic of my sd card

edee39797002d3f26fee9e0f6aa662f7.jpg
1bb80c6be524e584c08afc58a7bacad3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bunthol
Did this always occur? If not, what did you change/do since this started?

it worked for a week, then when I started playing with a bigger SD card this happened. I've been trying to find the original SD card but I think it even did it with that.

Hi there.... I had this very same problem on Thursday.... Bought a new Sandisk ultra micro as card.... Was working fine then switched the bird on and got he same msg as you... I have now resorted back to my original memory card.
Works perfect :)

I am having the same problem with my Phantom 4. It has worked fine, and then all of a sudden, I get the No Image Transmission. If I remove the SD card, the video comes on fine (but of course there is no way to save anything). If I put the SD card back in, the Image Transmission error comes on. The SD card is fine, I have used it on my computer. I also tried formatting it, with no luck. HELP!

What size card are you using?? I think 64gb is max that can be used??

64gb, but it is the same card I have used since day 1 of flying my Phantom 4. So it has been working for months. This started after I did the June firmware/RC upgrade. When I try formatting the card using the DJI GO app, it times out. Very odd that it also says Gimbal Disconnected also......

I have made sure all the cables are inserted snugly as well.

This is what I just now sent to DJI support:

Today, June 24th, I boot up my P3P and there is no video signal with the error: "No Image Transmission Signal" and the video signal would turn on then turn off and was very choppy looking with lots of video artifacts in the signal.

When I searched the DJI Phantom 3 forums for "No Image Transmission Signal", it appears a lot of people are having this same problem after they had updated to the new firmware release P3X_FW_V01.09.0060
But they also found a solution to the problem: they took the MicroSD memory card out of the Phantom's camera drive and the video image transmission became stable.

I have several MicroSD cards:
Lexar 633x 16GB UHS speed class 1 in a "U" and class 10 in a "circle" - 10MB/s transfer speed (this is the MicroSD card that came with my P3P)
SanDisk Ultra Plus 16GB UHS speed class 1 in a "U" - 10MB/s transfer speed (this MicroSD card was designed specifically for 1080p video)
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB UHS class 3 in a "U" - 30MB/s transfer speed (this MicroSD card was designed specifically for 4K video)

Before I installed the P3X_FW_V01.09.0060 firmware update, my SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB UHS class 3 in a "U" MicroSD card worked fine and the video transmission signal was perfect.
AFTER I installed the P3X_FW_V01.09.0060, all I get is "No Image Transmission Signal" error.

But when I use the SanDisk Ultra Plus 16GB UHS speed class 1 in a "U" MicroSD card in the P3P, for now, I get no video transmission signal errors.

Flying my P3P without a memory card is not an option.

DJI, you need to fix your update so that we can use memory cards up to the promised 64GB and be able to use MicroSD cards designed to record 4K video.

So yes, if I remove the MicroSD card, the video signal missing problem goes away.
If I use the substandard SanDisk Ultra Plus 16GB UHS speed class 1 in a "U" I get a stable video signal but this card was not designed to record 4K video smoothly.

This problem needs to be fixed ASAP.

By the way, this link was helpful in my writing this to DJI:
Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: kyrvas
Hi friends
just found this site - great info
so I am having the same issue - I called DJI support - on hold for 40 minutes - then spoke to Eric - nice guy - he checked my app version, remote version, and drone version, all were correct. then we took the propellors off and we tested the drone and its fine. then we opened the app - and I am getting NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION REPAIR - he did not know what that is so he said he would research and email me
I did go outside and still get the same error and I also tried two different micro SD cards, still no luck
sort of bummed, I just wanted to fly this thing!

you guys getting this error "No Signal" is that you either
A: flew in very warm/hot environment and flew one time to many and burned the gimbal board or
B: did an upgrade without cooling down the bird with external fan blowing on it while it was upgrading.

In either case the main board gimbal has a component in it when it overheats it's done.
seen it million times and it's the same thing every time.

let me guess, everyone having this issues on P3P right? ;)

Reactions: Ed209
I have the phantom 3 professional - I have not used it - in a long long time
I updated it today so I could take it out and fly and it sat in my office for a few months
the update was done on my kitchen table
last time I fly it - few months ago - it was fine - was not that warm outside
so Hunch, what do I do now?

In either case the main board gimbal has a component in it when it overheats it's done.

The operating temps for the P3P are pretty high. Do you think this might be a problem (defect) with the board itself? I'd think a person should be able to fly and update their firmware within the temp limits given by DJI without the board frying.

The operating temps for the P3P are pretty high. Do you think this might be a problem (defect) with the board itself? I'd think a person should be able to fly and update their firmware within the temp limits given by DJI without the board frying.
DJI had this same issue with previous Phantom 2 V+ where the wifi units inside the phantoms would overheat and burn.
to fix you will need a new gimbal main board which are impossible to get or get a brand new gimbal

DJI had this same issue with previous Phantom 2 V+ where the wifi units inside the phantoms would overheat and burn.
to fix you will need a new gimbal main board which are impossible to get or get a brand new gimbal
thanks

I luckily bought a one year extended warrenty so I will take it to the shop

you guys getting this error "No Signal" is that you either
A: flew in very warm/hot environment and flew one time to many and burned the gimbal board or
B: did an upgrade without cooling down the bird with external fan blowing on it while it was upgrading.

Could this happen from being in the case in a hot car?

Is it covered under warranty?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj