No image transmission signal?

Reaction score
I get this every once in a while. As you can see here I have full WiFi and controller signal strength and a good charge on the battery.

I’m only 100’ up and 60’ away. I should have a great signal?

Stock P3 std - no mods

Attachments

• F1024081-FFAA-4946-B7F7-C0A63EB4DDC0.png
    F1024081-FFAA-4946-B7F7-C0A63EB4DDC0.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 321
I wonder about the speed / power of your mobile device.

Your getting telemetry, which is also within the signal from the Phantom, its just on another channel.

Look here for mobile device fixes and Best Tablets and Phones.

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help

Rod

The iPhone 7s works fine for me. It’s bright enough on sunny days to see the screen and can handle the live feed ok.
I already had this phone When I got my drone so I’m using it for now.
I also have a first gen iPad that I use every once in a while. The main problem with that it trying to see the screen on sunny days. I put on an anti-glare shield that helped a little. I have a sun hood on order to see if that helps. I do like having the bigger screen!

And don't forget.....even " simple things " like the wearing of a dark shirt or jacket will sure keep screen reflections down....and a dark colored wide brimmed boonie cap is also great to wear also to help to see the screen better....Now Drone On >

@Tkoglin,
How often does this happen?
Does the signal come back on its own?

Rod

Hi. I get this consistently and have tried a bunch of stuff with DJI support. Also, I don’t have some of the camera controls on the right hand side of the screen. Drone can fly and gimbal works fine but I don’t get any feed. Anyone else figure this out?

Hi. I get this consistently and have tried a bunch of stuff with DJI support. Also, I don’t have some of the camera controls on the right hand side of the screen. Drone can fly and gimbal works fine but I don’t get any feed. Anyone else figure this out?
Welcome to the Forum!

Start a new thread, like no image and no camera controls on screen.

Most important.
#1 When did it quit working?
#2 What are using for a mobile device?
#3 Can you record to the SD card?

Rod

Welcome to the Forum!

Start a new thread, like no image and no camera controls on screen.

Most important.
#1 When did it quit working?
#2 What are using for a mobile device?
#3 Can you record to the SD card?

Rod
Hi Rod.
1 I pulled it out for the first time in a few months in Feb. the last time it worked was mid 2018, I think.
2 - have tried it with DJIgo app on my iPhone X and on a 3 year old iPad mini. Same issues with both
3 - I don’t have the buttons available on the right hand side of the controls that allow me to start recording or take a picture, so I can’t record. DJI support suggested removing the SD card and restarting the drone which I’ve tried several times and no luck. Firmware seems up to date. Never had a collision. DJI support just sent me a mail offering to open a repair case but I can’t help think it’s something simple that I could correct myself..... but I’m running out of ideas.

Hi Rod.
1 I pulled it out for the first time in a few months in Feb. the last time it worked was mid 2018, I think.
2 - have tried it with DJIgo app on my iPhone X and on a 3 year old iPad mini. Same issues with both
3 - I don’t have the buttons available on the right hand side of the controls that allow me to start recording or take a picture, so I can’t record. DJI support suggested removing the SD card and restarting the drone which I’ve tried several times and no luck. Firmware seems up to date. Never had a collision. DJI support just sent me a mail offering to open a repair case but I can’t help think it’s something simple that I could correct myself..... but I’m running out of ideas.

Attachments

• 581FAB03-3DF3-45F8-AAF2-023B8B55C298.png
    581FAB03-3DF3-45F8-AAF2-023B8B55C298.png
    629.7 KB · Views: 231
Hi Rod.

Hummm, Your getting data through from the WiFi board, so its between it and the camera and the gimbal. Do you have the option to format the SD card or have tried another?

Need to be looking at the wires and cables going to the camera.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1