No image transmission signal

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this so be gentle with me,
I have just bought a p3p and was told it hadn't been used for a while so needed firmware update as it was displaying no image transmission everything else seemed ok all other info was on phone and it flew perfect with gps working.
I did the update but still have to same message.
Can anyone shed any light on what I should do / try.
Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new to this so be gentle with me,
I have just bought a p3p and was told it hadn't been used for a while so needed firmware update as it was displaying no image transmission everything else seemed ok all other info was on phone and it flew perfect with gps working.
Thanks
Hi dont have p3p but theres some posts at bottom of this page that might help,might be a channel setting issue

Reactions: Gasmanmark
Hi dont have p3p but theres some posts at bottom of this page that might help,might be a channel setting issue
Theres a online manual you can download if you havent already ,pays to have 10 good reads:)

Your post sounds very much like many we've seen here when people report the No Image Transmission error which is not the same as "weak image transmission." Read this thread and see if it helps shed light on things to check.

Another No Video Feed to Phone

Also, welcome to the forum!

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Cheers!

Last edited:
After upgrading the controller to my P3P yesterday, I got the message "weak transmission signal". After some googling it seemed lots of people had the same problem. Solution: Relink the controller and the drone. Extremely easy procedure. Check the manual or google on how its done.

I have a P3S with "Weak Image Transmission" error. I have the latest drone firmware, the camera dances up perfectly. Tried relinking RC, IMU calibrate nothing works. ALl normal just black video. Camera does more on the controller. Tried different SD card, nope. Could it be the black patch antenna which i understand transmits video to the controller? Please advise any tips appreciated on what to look for.

Last edited:
Thanks Rod i saw the other posts too none with an answer. If you have any idea please let me know what to check. Nobody seems to know how to fix a "Weak Image Transmission" error, that i can find anyway. Appreciate your input.

Reactions: RodPad
You get Telemetry, but you never get a picture, can you take pics and video and do they show up on the SD card.

Did this always have this problem, what is the history?

Rod

Rod than you for getting back. YES i get everything, telemetry, pics take and store to SD card, it starts up (have not flown yet but sure it will). Just no live video feed. I have searched that message all over the web and cant believe there is no solution found for it. Lots of others posted the same but usually LOSING video after a certain distance. For me it is right out of gate when i fire it up before take off.

Also i had another camera head that i swapped out last night just in case it was one of the boards in the camera body. Same result so i dont think it is the cam itself.

I have tried everything i can think of including swapping out the BLACK patch antenna since i think that transmits video. Still no live video feed.

My brother has a PS2 and that happened to him. On that bird replacing the wifi module (clips to outside of controller on that one) fixed the problem. Not sure if my issue is similar if so i dont know where that module would be on the inside and if it is replaceable.

Thought i would make sure i have all else covered if it is something simple before i start pulling apart my bird.

Any other thoughts? Appreciate any input.

One thing to add if it makes a difference, i changed to a different controller (broken S1 i have to fix) and relinked it. All good there but did NOT reset the WiFi link on that RC.

I did that today same result no live video but everything else works. Also tried going back to original RC and relink to that one, same thing all perfect just no live video feed. ugggg.

Last edited:
If youre not getting any video the OFDM reciever module may be faulty or a wire connection on it has dislodged. it is located under the vision positioning module.

This is on a Phantom 3 Standard remember, does that still apply? My brother was the one that has the P2 i have a P3. Does the P3 have something similar?

Red error in app is "Image Transmission Signal Weak

Last edited:
I just noticed i replied to this in a P3 Advanced section but that was the only place i saw the topic. I have created a brand new thread under the P3 Standard specifically for that exact error since nobody has found a solution yet and there are so many people with the same problem.

The error with no known fix yet is:
"Image Transmission Signal Weak”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20