No ground station maps showing

Reaction score
Sunday I was looking forward to trying out the GS program. I played with it at the house. When I go to the RC field and flew for a couple of hours using the Vision App. Then when I swiped the finger on the Ipad it showed the red plane but nothing else. No matter what I did no maps would appear. When I got back home it worked fine. Any ideas what would have caused this.

Did your iPad have an Internet connection at the RC field?

You didn't have internet access while flying. When you got home you did.

Most people cache the map of the area they are going to fly before they go. It saves you the hassle of switching off the Phantom wifi network, browsing the map in the field, switching back to the Phatom wifi and reconnecting.

If you have Android, you need to store your flying area in an "offline map" while you're connected to the internet via WiFi.
To maximize map coverage, zoom out until it tells you the area is too large, then zoom in until the warning just goes away.
Center your flying area on the map, then save. GS can then access the offline map.

Also in Android, the maps expire after a month, and must be refreshed.

He's using an iPad. But, the same comments apply above if the iPad does not have an Internet connection.

Sorry. I have friends that refer to their android phones or tablets as iPhones or iPads. ;-)
I guess they think the "i" is for intelligent, or some such.

I use a Verizon data plan for my mini

Attachments

• 20141125_192451_resized[1].jpg
    20141125_192451_resized[1].jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 466
That explains it. Next time I go I will take a wifi with me. I didn't realize you had to have a internet connection too. I guess that's why it worked at da house.....lol

hey_moe said:
I didn't realize you had to have a internet connection too.
You don't if you load the DJI app and pan around the area where you're going to fly. That'll cause all of the needed map images to download and they'll be cached for later use.

If you have a phone with a 3G service or 4g it will show up maps but since even let's say you in back yard wifi to home but since you can connect only to 1 wifi witch would be wifi range extender you would need a 3 or 4g wifi on if no "service" it will use 4g to cache maps

Or I think if you open maps on dji app wait for it to load a portion maybe pick the area then on the field it would already have it loaded get it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl