NO Green Light

Reaction score
Went to go and fly last night and when I started up my bird the light would not turn green. It blinks yellow all the time. It will fly OK BUT it will not stay stable and it lets the wind take it. Is it the GPS?? How did that happen???

mrself58 said:
Yes all swithches are in the correct position. I even cycled thru all modes.

Sounds like the center wire of the right hand switch has become disconnected.

ATTI is the "native" mode of the NAZA, and will be the flight mode unless the RH switch is moved from its center off position.

The center wire is common to both the up and down on positions.

You can check the operation of the switches with the Assistant program. I have read that these switches aren't very good.

You can check the operation of the switches with the Assistant program. I have read that these switches aren't very good.

I will bet in all likely hood the switch has failed or is on its way to failing. They are the worse pos switchs i have ever seen in my life used in any thing made and have seen many many many posts all over the web of them failing on others in a very short time.

Both my S2 and S1 switches when with in a few days of each other and only with in my first few weeks of getting my phantom. and they were causing all sorts of problems.

One way to check them in the naza Assistant program. Is to hook up your phantom and turn on the TX and flip the S1 And S2 switches on to there different positions and verify that you see them in the software going in to the modes they are switched in to. and then in each mode try to jiggle them some in all 3 positions of each switch and made sure the mode don't switch in the soft ware. if they do you have a faulty switch. and if it is faulty don't fly it till you get it fixed. cause having the switch totally go out on you when in flight can cause lots of problems and can even cause what would be considered a fly away. like if you think its in gps mode and lose site of it and let go of the sticks it can be blown by the wind as far as the wind can take it. or if your S2 switch goes wonky it can cause it to keep manually re recording a new home point while in flight and if it goes in to fail safe mode it will want to land at were ever that may happen to be and not were you want it to or were you can see it land to even know were to go looking for it.

mrself58 said:
since I always run I gps mode why can't I bypass the switch. Can you do that?

You need to be able to toggle it to reset the compass though.
The switch itself will be inexpensive to replace, soldering the connections not something to undertake lightly.
Taking the cover off to investigate is fairly simple but watch the antenna, some have managed to break it's connection to the board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik