NO GPS

Reaction score
Hello all.

My phantom worked great out of the box!

Now for some reason I have no GPS. If I hook her up to the software I just have atti mode. No GPS.

ok so... thats it. new GPS? $150.00! I did have small hits on landing a few times but really! no cracks anywhere! The compass is showing o.o.o. So maybe it is broke. Anything eles it could be...? A bad cable. Thanks for your help!

Time00 said:
ok so... thats it. new GPS? $150.00! I did have small hits on landing a few times but really! no cracks anywhere! The compass is showing o.o.o. So maybe it is broke. Anything eles it could be...? A bad cable. Thanks for your help!

i would double check the compass. i've never known a compass to be THAT stable.

the compass feeds directly into the gps. then the gps is fed into the mc. it could be that if the compass is toast, the gps unit may give you errors as in no gps. OR the gps unit is busted and the compass is fine.

if you have the phantom plugged in and the software is showing that you have no compass activity even when you move the phantom around, you definitely have a problem.

either way, i would contact the dealer and see what they can do for you.

The compass is showing o.o.o. So maybe it is broke. Anything eles it could be...? A bad cable. Thanks for your help!

I disconnected my compass, and connected my Phantom to the Naza Assistant, and got readings of 000's as well.
After reconnecting, I had to do an advanced calibration, The check IMU, and Basic calibration were not even available.

It is a strong possibility you can just change the compass, to fix your problem. much better, since they are quite inexpensive.

Ok... put in New GPS unit. Same thing Software says 0.0.0. Compass and says No GPS or GPS needed for things like return Home. All new cables. My next thing is new Compass. It just takes 3-4 weeks to get anything to Hawaii. Anyone have this problem?

She flys fine in ATTi Mode. VERY stable. Just No GPS and no way to get in Compass Cal. mode by swithching from HOME to ATTi 6-10 times.

You should have read my previous post before buying a GPS unit. The compass is quite cheap, and prone to having
problems anyway, so a spare would have been good to have around if it wasn't the problem.

On the other hand, you are one GPS unit closer to having enough parts to build another Phantom. ;)

So the GPS was fine. The software said No GPS so I spent the money and put in a new GPS. Now I just put in a shinny new $15.00 easy to instal came with a free stand compass . works great!! Would of loved to spent the money on batterys! Oh we'll hope this saves someone else's the time and money. new compass first!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4