NO GPS SIGNAL IN THE PHONE APP.

Reaction score
Hi, I have a P2V bought in November 2013, and up to now It was working nice, I´m happy for say something.

Yesterday, I made the updated process successfully using the DJI assistance software ver 1.08.

Today, when I went to fly this morning, the GPS information in my phone shows no satellites, everything was working nice but whitout GPS assistance. The green lights beneath the phantom was blinking like a GPS was enable, but it was not.
I was trying to fly, but it is very difficult and drift easily.

Information related with this abnormally is not available from the DJI headquarters.

Could any of you guys help me to solve it?

thanks for your info

Juan

I know my question sounds rhetorical but once you did the update did you recalibrate the compass?
Also did you see the green flashing light signaling GPS acquisition of more than 6 satellites from under the phantom?

Connect the Phantom to the Assistant and check your parameters, especially the readings from the compass. If everything looks normal, do an IMU calibration followed by the compass calibration. If you have no readings from the compass, you have a faulty compass. Mine went out three days ago and had to replace it.

rfernandez said:
I know my question sounds rhetorical but once you did the update did you recalibrate the compass?
Also did you see the green flashing light signaling GPS acquisition of more than 6 satellites from under the phantom?

Thanks Richard for your support, the flashing lights signaling GPS acquisition works well, they are blinking accordingly with the LED card information, my issue is why I can see the number of satellites in my phone as I saw before updated to the new version? and Why my phantom flies like a non GPS assistance?. I hope you understand.
Regards

Juan

Most of the time, after the update you need to restore the settings or do a calibration. Unless you can see what is going on in the Assistant, it will be difficult to figure out what is happening. One thing I can tell you. There is nothing wrong with the updates. They all work fine. Again, plug the Phantom to the Assistant and check the readings.

Try uninstalling the ap, and then reinstalling the latest version.

dkatz42 said:
Did you update the iPhone app as well? There may be an incompatibility between the app and the firmware.

Hi dkatz42, I was running the latest update available before the system fails, yesterday, I did the uninstall procedure in order to clean any firmware problem from my phone, then reinstall it the app again but the problem persist. today at night, I will run the assistance software once again and see what happen.

thanks again for your support

Good evening

Finally my P2V is GPS enabled and working with no problems, thanks to rmklaw and rfernandez for give me some advises, both of you guys gave me confidence to approach my issue in a different manner.

nice night

Juan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20