No GPS and Blinking Yellow Light

Reaction score
I recently purchased a phantom 1.1.1 and unfortunately crashed it into a tree. The phantom still flies but somehow the GPS mode is gone and it only blinks yellow when started. I have plugged it into assistant and it doesn't even read the GPS or Compass signal anymore. When I try recalibrating the compass I always get the blinking red lights at the end.

wow for a second I thought this was a double post. that some one else posted a few hours ago.

you have one of two things going on. Either the plug for the gps came out when you crashed OR the worse and most likely is you busted the ceramic gps antenna on the gps unit in the top of the shell. Some times the broken ceramic antenna can be soldered and new and even better one can be soldered back in place on the gps unit. BUT THAT dont always fix them if there is also any thing else damaged on the gps unts other electronics. its a 50/50 coin toss so far on any I have repaired.

and when the replacement ceramic antenna dont work it means having to get a whole new gps unit and they are pretty pricey at about $160 to buy a replacement one. even tho they are only really worth $20 other then dji does some ting to the firm ware so that only theres works even tho every other makers are exactly the same parts on the board.

Reactions: Midwestquads
yes its always a good idea to recalibrate the compass and the IMU after a crash.

BUT even when the compass is way way off and the imu you should still at least see that you even have a gps or compass hooked up. If its just saying hardware number 0.0.0 for the gps it means the gps is broken or unplugged. But usually if its unpluged and not passing the compass data threw the gps puck and in to the board a message will pop up telling you your compass is out of calibration or not properly hooked up. Tho if the gps is broke but in a way were its still able to pass the compass date threw it you some times will not get a compass message. BUT if there is any thing showing under the upgrade tab were you can see all your firmware for all the different hardware if the gps is showing some thing other then 0.0.0 or -.-.- and also not getting any warning window pop up about the compass. Means the gps is still at least intact and the compass is still seen even if its out of whack. Then in that case it should still be showing up under the tools tab were you can look at the compass mod values. even if they are way off on the mod values. if seeing mod values for the compass then a imu and a compass calibration by doing a compass dance SHOULD get things all good again. Unless the compass got magnetized or the IMU in the naza is physically stuck and needs to be taken out and rapped hard against a table on its top side to unstick the Inertia sensor inside. <----Tho that is very very very very rare. and usually needs a real real bad crash to cause the imu sensor to get stuck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl