No gimble light after update RC/RC doesnt recognize AC

Reaction score
Last weekend i pulled my P4 out of the box while on a camping trip to Pigeon Forge. Immediately when powering up i was met with a firmware requires update message. I made the DJI GO 4 login account since the last time i flew was with DJI GO and android had already updated to new App. Once the update was complete i was able to fly for about 5 minutes but was getting terrible video (green/black on screen) luckily i was not far off the ground when i lost connection to AC and was able to land on the grass. Since then i have not been able to link back up with AC, RC updated to 1.9.3 using DJI go 4 app 1.1.6. So i downloaded DJI assistant 2 to check the AC and see if there was a problem. In the assistant i show current version v01.02.602 and the update is v02.00.106 so i selected update. The update downloads 100% but fails within 3 min. I have tried different cables, reformatted 3 different SD cards (PC and MAC) but get same results. I selected return to factory default and it says that it completes but there is no change in the current version in DJI Assist 2. Attempts to manually link AC to RC does not work either by using the DJI go 4 app or using the C1/C2 method from DJI. After this failed i noticed the the light that is just above the SD card slot where i would push to do the linking was not on. After many reboots and batter swaps the light remains off and the AC will not install latest update v02.00.106. Using the DJI go 4 app is not going to work until i can connect the RC to the AC. I have posted on the DJI forum but nothing from DJI to assist in getting the issue resolved. I have had the P4 for just over a year and flew many times but the weather here has been rainy and extremely humid so the P4 has been in the box for a couple of months. I have never flown in rain, never crashed 0 damage. This seems to be a complex issue but any assistance is greatly appreciated.

You can try contacting DJI support here. If that doesn't work, try here. They might be able to tell you something. The only thing I can think of is that the firmware needs to be updated to the same version on both the AC and RC, but you have already tried that.

Last edited:
Hi

I have got almost similar problem.. I am able to connet AC to RC but it shows no battery information or the display.. gimbal doesnt work as well.. DJI assistant shows new firmware to upgrade v2.00.106 but fails at 57%.. please post the solution provided to you by DJI

Never got a corrective response. Had to send in for repair. Never recovered from last update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj