No gimbal tilt after update to 3.06 firmware

I haven't gone to 3.06 personally yet, but this used to happen in prior firmwares. The solution has historically been to run the RC Assistant with the RC plugged in... make sure you're on the latest RC firmware (1.1) and then run the calibration from RC assistant. move the X1 lever as well even though it doesn't specifically tell you to. You may have to do this 2-3 times to get the X1 lever's movement really smooth.

Once you've confirmed everything is moving properly in RC assistant (moving the X1 lever should translate to movement on the indicator in the app) THEN go back to Phantom Assistant (plug the Phantom into usb obviously) and re-run the controller calibrations in Phantom Assistant. again you might have to do it 2-3 times before the X1 lever movement is perfectly smooth

I've got the same problem and have re-calibrated in the RC assistant over a dozen times with no success. The value for X1 jumps from -1000 to 1000 with no values in between as I move the control. It worked perfectly before the update. I've also done full cal in PH2 assistant, going back and forth between the two.

QYV said:
The solution has historically been to run the RC Assistant with the RC plugged in... make sure you're on the latest RC firmware (1.1) and then run the calibration from RC assistant. move the X1 lever as well even though it doesn't specifically tell you to. You may have to do this 2-3 times to get the X1 lever's movement really smooth.

Once you've confirmed everything is moving properly in RC assistant (moving the X1 lever should translate to movement on the indicator in the app) THEN go back to Phantom Assistant (plug the Phantom into usb obviously) and re-run the controller calibrations in Phantom Assistant. again you might have to do it 2-3 times before the X1 lever movement is perfectly smooth
After the 3.06 update my Zenmuse 3D gimbal was pointing straight down with no tilt movement. Calibration in the Phantom assistant program with the Phantom plugged in was unsuccessful and the X1 movement only made it part way and was jerky and all over the place. Following the instructions above by first calibrating in the RC assistant, then going back to the Phantom assistant has solved this problem at least in my office. I will test fly tomorrow but am quietly hopeful as it seems to have worked.

Thanks for the solution to an issue I can see many others having - especially as it tells you not to calibrate X1 in the RC assistant. Forums with users who have experience are golden. Cheers QYV. I hope someday I can offer advice ;)

Gotta love this forum! I did the rc assistant p calibration. Moved x1 a bunch of times. Calibrated twice and now it's working.

my pleasure guys glad you got them working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav