No FPV or Telemetry after ribbon replacement.

Reaction score
Hello all, Let me introduce myself. My name is Kevin Lederer and I hope you can help me.

I crashed my Phantom 2 Vision Plus v3. It hit on the very bottom of the back plat of the vertical control on the Gimbal. The result was a damaged back plate and a bent vertical arm. The question starts with information. I am not receiving any telemetry or FPV from my camera to my table/phone. I did have a Red light on after repairs (listed below) and now I have nothing. I know my table and phones are connecting to Wi-Fi, because I tested them on my other Phantom 2 Vision Plus v3. Repairs I have completed are below:

1. Replaced vertical arm assembly with new 3D printed version.

2. Replaced ribbon cable, because camera and Gimbal was flipping.

3. Replace the cable sets from camera to main board, two lost some insulation and may have been shorting to each other. (I consider this an issue and)

4. Replaced the small circuit board in the Phantom where cables connect in case the short did damage at that point.

5. Recalibrated IMU in Advanced.

6. I connected the WIFI from this controller to my other Phantom and it works like a champ! This was done for testing reasons. I then sync it back to the phantom in question.

Results are my gimbal is working perfect, but I lost the red error light on the camera assembly and now it is not showing a light at all. The quad does find GPS because I can see the LED on the arms. I thought about doing a firmware update to the camera, but without an indicating light I held off.

Any ideas on my next move?

Thank you all in advance,

Kevin Lederer

Camera firmware wont make a difference.
Insert SD card and press the silver button on the gimbal board. This will take a picture. Check the SD card and see if it taken picture. If so, the camera and gimbal is working.

Can you also screen capture the vision app. If the wifi and sats telemetry show counts then the 3 sets of grey cables are damaged and need replacing.

Mako79, thank you for the reply, I am sorry for the delayed response. I was off the grid for a couple of days.
- I have replaced the Grey cables before this issue, because the insulation had come off and it looked to me as though two of the wires were making connection. I may have bent a pin on one of the three connectors at each end of the grey cables. I can check that again if needed?
- I did the camera test with the grey camera button and the SD card showed no file. I did not have any light illuminated on the camera circuit board.
- I have added the pictures you request. Sorry for the glare, but I think you can see my screen is not showing much.
Again, I can not thank you enough for the assistance.

Best regards,

Kevin

Attachments

• 20151108_135302.jpg
    20151108_135302.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 389
  • 20151108_135332.jpg
    20151108_135332.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 441
Mako79, thank you for the reply, I am sorry for the delayed response. I was off the grid for a couple of days.
- I have replaced the Grey cables before this issue, because the insulation had come off and it looked to me as though two of the wires were making connection. I may have bent a pin on one of the three connectors at each end of the grey cables. I can check that again if needed?
- I did the camera test with the grey camera button and the SD card showed no file. I did not have any light illuminated on the camera circuit board.
- I have added the pictures you request. Sorry for the glare, but I think you can see my screen is not showing much.
Again, I can not thank you enough for the assistance.

Best regards,

Kevin

You need to re-inspect the grey cables coming down from the phantom to the gimbal. Unplug them and re-install them and make sure they sit firmly.
If that fails, then its most likely your gimbal board has died. From the image, I can see that the wifi module is working and that power is going through the gimbal board (the 2 wider cables act like a bridge to power up the wifi module).

And can you explain what you did:
4. Replaced the small circuit board in the Phantom where cables connect in case the short did damage at that point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1