No FPV on iPhone FIXED!!!

Reaction score
wooo hooo!!!
So after reading soooo many threads on this and other forums regarding the no FPV (no live stream) over phone from DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus I became very discouraged and it looked like the majority of the solutions involved a $250 (CDN) replacement of the WIFI module in the body of the craft because for the most part it appears that this unit overheats and causes loss of live stream to the phone. I thought for a while that I had damaged something in the craft cause of a recent crash which happened BTW shortly after I replaced the ribbon cable to the camers because of a prior crash (must stop crashing) I've flown this for an average of about an hour every 2 days for the last 18 months with no problems other than said crashes.

THE FIX....
On one forum on one thread dealing with the no FPV issue was a single post, that no one seemed to followup on, but this user (can't find the post now) said he "remembered from long time ago that formatting the SD card should work". So, I first formatted the 32 GB micro SD card using the cameras app but this did not resolve the no FPV issue so I did a "Full Format" (not a "Quick format") of the memory card using my PC ... this worked.

I have since rebooted the craft from complete shutdown several times now, recorded some short video, restarted several times again and repeated recording and the live feed is still working!

Hope this works for someone else !
Not saying this is a fix that will work for everyone's situation but it's a cheap try.:)

Reactions: phantomf9
Like a lot of others I have the same problem so I'll give it a go tonight.
Cheers

Here are a list of things to try:
Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
. Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
Try reformatting the SD card with full format.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
If that's ok then it's most likely a damaged or burnt out wifi transmitter if you still see the SID.

Does anyone have a solution to the spinning wheel on the screen instead of displaying FPV. I have tried all the updates so I'm hoping that it's the app and will be fixed soon

wooo hooo!!!
So after reading soooo many threads on this and other forums regarding the no FPV (no live stream) over phone from DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus I became very discouraged and it looked like the majority of the solutions involved a $250 (CDN) replacement of the WIFI module in the body of the craft because for the most part it appears that this unit overheats and causes loss of live stream to the phone. I thought for a while that I had damaged something in the craft cause of a recent crash which happened BTW shortly after I replaced the ribbon cable to the camers because of a prior crash (must stop crashing) I've flown this for an average of about an hour every 2 days for the last 18 months with no problems other than said crashes.

THE FIX....
On one forum on one thread dealing with the no FPV issue was a single post, that no one seemed to followup on, but this user (can't find the post now) said he "remembered from long time ago that formatting the SD card should work". So, I first formatted the 32 GB micro SD card using the cameras app but this did not resolve the no FPV issue so I did a "Full Format" (not a "Quick format") of the memory card using my PC ... this worked.

I have since rebooted the craft from complete shutdown several times now, recorded some short video, restarted several times again and repeated recording and the live feed is still working!

Hope this works for someone else !
Not saying this is a fix that will work for everyone's situation but it's a cheap try.:)
Hummph!
So I flew several times with no problems and live streaming since the above successful "Fix".
Then the other day I downloaded my flight vids from the micro SD card as usual using my card reader in a USB port on my PC
and thought "I should probably format the card again while it's in the PC as preventative maintenance".
NOw I have lost live feed AGAIN! I
I tried the reformat trick above again but this time - no go :(
I have also done almost everything in RoyVa's checklist above and there only a couple things I haven't checked/tried yet which are
1) the available free memory on my iPhone and
2) the plug at the wifi module end inside the shell.

Hmmm might be worth trying another SD card. Try a 16 gig or less.

Hmmm might be worth trying another SD card. Try a 16 gig or less.

Update ....
1) I did a low level format on a different SD card (the 4 GB card that originally came with bird) and tried that but no go - still the spinning wheel, and black screen - no live feed.
2) I then deleted as much video, photos and redundant app crap from my iPhone and got close to 3 GB free space (up from .5 GB) but still no joy

I have have yet to check the camera plug connection at the wifi module end which would necessitate opening the shell which has been done a few times but the most recent time was because of a crash and I had to glue the shell at one rotor arm end to make it airworthy again and so would have to break it apart now to open. I do have a spare shell I was planning to use at one point but the glue trick worked just as well at the time, I may have to use it now.

On another note ...
Maybe I've done a stupid thing but I reasoned not - just purchased a new P2V+ V3 from Henry's here in Canada on sale for $780 CDN ($600US). Not bad considering they were listed for $1700 CDN ($1300US) at most places that still have them in stock.
I figure I get the whole bird for like the cost of a new camera and gimbal. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20