No-Fly Zone

Reaction score
Visiting family for Easter and the house we're staying at is near an airport, so when I power up my P4, the app tells me I'm in a No-Fly Zone and won't take off.

I talked to the tower and cleared my being able to fly (not a busy airport and we're due east of a N/S runway) but the app won't let me fly. Is there any way around this restriction?

Visiting family for Easter and the house we're staying at is near an airport, so when I power up my P4, the app tells me I'm in a No-Fly Zone and won't take off.

I talked to the tower and cleared my being able to fly (not a busy airport and we're due east of a N/S runway) but the app won't let me fly. Is there any way around this restriction?

There was supposed to be a "self-certification of permission" functionality on the way - it was announced last year - but I don't think it exists yet. I'm not aware of any other way around the problem.

There was supposed to be a "self-certification of permission" functionality on the way - it was announced last year - but I don't think it exists yet. I'm not aware of any other way around the problem.

Thanks. This is my first DJI, not super-familiar with all the particulars.

Enjoy looking at your P4 while visiting your family. Time for a road trip to show it off.

I think you can fly it in attitude mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

my p4 does not do this.
I have all the latest app and firmware up dates

I think you can fly it in attitude mode.

Not being anywhere near a no-fly zone I have not, personally, tried it, but most reports on this confirm that even in attitude mode it will not fly unless you successfully somehow block GPS reception. Apparently some people have had success with metal foil on the top of the aircraft.

Can you fly indoors? I guess blocking the GPS is the only method for getting airborne outside of the house.

Depends on what part of the nfz you are in on the outer parts you can fly in atti mode with limited altitude and as you get closer to the airport it will not take off at all and the altitude restrictions vary depending were in the nfz you are. I have the p4 and best friend has a p3 and we live on a small island with a airport in Alaska so I am very familiar flying in dji's nfz " with proper permission" almost the whole town of Wrangell in in there nfz unless you drive out to the end of the island on logging roads. I hope this helps I have read up on this sometime ago but my above statement is based on my experience!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31