No fly zone

Reaction score
I've flown the P3P many times within 5 nm of a Navy airfield by getting the OK from the Navy Ops and local city PD. Recently, without having had any P3P software upgrades, the drone will not even start in the vicinity. Admittedly, at one site, I am under the final approach path, because the drone still flies from my backyard, also inside 5nm but not on any aircraft approach or departure route. There is a second airfield, nearby, is only used by the Navy as an outlying field during weekdays, yet on a weekend the drone will not start if I am w/I 5nm of it.
I have turned off the function on P3P that shows restricted areas, but that has not helped.
How does it let me fly near my house, (inside 5nm of airport), and can I turn off any function (as I always get Navy and local PD) permission before I fly in these areas.

It is most likely the new app version. They tweeked a lot of NFZ'z in the latest Go Update.

Reactions: Oso
It is most likely the new app version. They tweeked a lot of NFZ'z in the latest Go Update.

No, even the older version that gets NFZs will update NFZ zones near to your flying area when go app is connected to internet.

@alokbhargava
No, even the older version that gets NFZs will update NFZ zones near to your flying area when go app is connected to internet.
That's why I said "tweeked" the NFZ's. With the latest app version quite a few are not able to fly any more in a location that they recently had no issues flying in until the latest app update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.