No fly zone P3S

Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if its possible to downgrade the software on the drone itself. I just bought the standard and quickly unboxed it and ran through all the updates and sadly now I can't fly outside my house because it says I'm in a no fly zone..im really far away from the airport and my neighbor has the dji as well with the old software and he can fly it.. just wondering if i can downgrade or do anything.

What exactly do you have in terms of RC and drone firmware numbers?

Have you tried leaving the drone OUTSIDE (so it gets good GPS lock), turn on the RC and let it sit for 15- 20 minutes?

(Bad drone, naughty drone, outside you go!)

No fly zones. does it stop you from flying to where the drone will not take off?
Yes. That's the whole point. This has been changed with the Geofence beta to some degree, but that is a long discussion that has been, and is still being, discussed on the board.

I have been wondering that too, downgrading. Up until the last upgrade, I was under the mistaken impression I had to upgrade. You don't apparently, but you do have to ignore the "firmware upgrade needed" message on the app, but it goes away after a time. I learned from a guy on this site that some of the vendors are putting the kibosh on the phantom 3 standard, so maybe they'll stop the constant updates for this model.

What exactly do you have in terms of RC and drone firmware numbers?

Have you tried leaving the drone OUTSIDE (so it gets good GPS lock), turn on the RC and let it sit for 15- 20 minutes?

(Bad drone, naughty drone, outside you go!)
Yea I've left outside for a while but apparently I'm In within the radius of the airport but my neighbor flys with the old update

Yes. That's the whole point. This has been changed with the Geofence beta to some degree, but that is a long discussion that has been, and is still being, discussed on the board.
Do you know what's the radius of an airport? I'm on the very edge of that radius.

Reactions: Gixxerbrett
5 miles I think the one by me is, and that shows up on the hover app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj