No Fly Zone Override

Reaction score
Ok so we took a trip for my birthday so that I could fly my P3P. I go to crank it up and it's a no fly zone because of an airport. I talked to tower and they are cool with me flying below 200 MGL but the bird won't start. I had heard that DJI had modified the app to allow overrides but can't figure out how to do it. Has the override been released? If so, how do I get to it?

Thanks in advance

Brian
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451317819.469824.jpg

I remember reading (take that for what you paid for it) as well about the "Over Ride" but that isn't something that has come down the pipes yet that I am aware of. It should be something that came down WITH the restrictions but I haven't seen it yet.

Hopefully soon?

If I try to take off it says that I can't take off in a no fly zone. If I am flying nearby and I get close it says Warning Collision and the Restricted Area alert flashes up.

As a commercial operator, I was hoping DJI would allow a pathway for turning off the restrictions asap.
Supposedly you give your credit card as proof of who you are and they will give you a code to turn the restrictions down. I have not heard of this yet being active, and I haven't had time to call DJI customer service yet.
I'd imagine this will all come out when the DJI GEO system is implemented, which was due late December but has been pushed back
Good video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic