no fly aways here

Reaction score
Well, been poking around in a few other forums (P2 and P3).. man! Can't believe how many threads dedicated to fly aways... hardly any of that in the FC40 forum... me thinks this is good... love my FC40.. love the 'dumb' batteries that don't cause fly aways... love that we can mod.. and mod.. and mod... and make whatever we want from it... love that the batteries are cheap as borscht :)

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
+1

Well, been poking around in a few other forums (P2 and P3).. man! Can't believe how many threads dedicated to fly aways... hardly any of that in the FC40 forum... me thinks this is good... love my FC40.. love the 'dumb' batteries that don't cause fly aways... love that we can mod.. and mod.. and mod... and make whatever we want from it... love that the batteries are cheap as borscht :)

As long as you always follow your routine you will always have a low probability of a flyaway. I've had crazy things happen and they always come back. I'm glad you enjoy your FC40 as much as I do. Mine is modded out and I'm loving it and I feel totally satisfied. At times I have thoughts about upgrading, I cannot deny that, but that DJI propriety battery on their quads are a deal breaker for me. Enjoy your FC40 Mikey!

As long as you always follow your routine you will always have a low probability of a flyaway. I've had crazy things happen and they always come back. I'm glad you enjoy your FC40 as much as I do. Mine is modded out and I'm loving it and I feel totally satisfied. At times I have thoughts about upgrading, I cannot deny that, but that DJI propriety battery on their quads are a deal breaker for me. Enjoy your FC40 Mikey!

What is your reasoning for that? And there are many aftermarket versions to choose from these days.

What is your reasoning for that? And there are many aftermarket versions to choose from these days.

Hey LuvMyTJ, I was referring to the DJI patented 5200 mah Smart battery. To my knowledge, nobody yet has a safe alternative or one that is recommended. Also, the few aftermarket batteries for the DJI quads that use smart batteries are still $100 plus. Currently I am using 4000 mah batteries for the phantom which are now on sale for $19.95 from HobbyKing. I'm not big on paying a lot for batteries so that is the real dealbreaker for me:) If there are cheaper aftermarket batteries though, that would change things:)

Hey LuvMyTJ, I was referring to the DJI patented 5200 mah Smart battery. To my knowledge, nobody yet has a safe alternative or one that is recommended. Also, the few aftermarket batteries for the DJI quads that use smart batteries are still $100 plus. Currently I am using 4000 mah batteries for the phantom which are now on sale for $19.95 from HobbyKing. I'm not big on paying a lot for batteries so that is the real dealbreaker for me:) If there are cheaper aftermarket batteries though, that would change things:)
What he said...
k3eo9ofhaacp41k6g.jpg

Three hundred bucks for a couple of spares? Nope, not me. It's just a matter of personal (and financial ;)) preferences.
BOT

What he said...
k3eo9ofhaacp41k6g.jpg

Three hundred bucks for a couple of spares? Nope, not me. It's just a matter of personal (and financial ;)) preferences.
BOT
Well exactly. I think this is a deal breaker for many... no doubt the newer quads have a lot of built in features... stuff we FC40 guys have to add and mod to get for our quads...

I personally fly with 4400mah (2 2200mah 3s packs strapped to the outside.) I have 2 carbon plates that mount just above the landing gear, and strap the packs to that. Then a Y harness connects them in parallel to the bird. I fly with 9in props and the H3-3D. I also have the ImmersionRC 600Mw VTX. I see about 10 min of flight time, but I don't think I would sell it. Like everyone says, you can mod the HELL out of these things. I also now have a Yuneec Q500 4K multirotor. It dose some things my FC40 doesn't, and my FC40 does things the Q doesn't. Different tools for different jobs. But I do have to say, since the Q has shown up, I don't fly the FC40 as much. But that also frees up my GoPro for other usage.

No fly-aways on my end so far. *fingers crossed!*

I personally fly with 4400mah (2 2200mah 3s packs strapped to the outside.) I have 2 carbon plates that mount just above the landing gear, and strap the packs to that. Then a Y harness connects them in parallel to the bird. I fly with 9in props and the H3-3D. I also have the ImmersionRC 600Mw VTX. I see about 10 min of flight time, but I don't think I would sell it. Like everyone says, you can mod the HELL out of these things. I also now have a Yuneec Q500 4K multirotor. It dose some things my FC40 doesn't, and my FC40 does things the Q doesn't. Different tools for different jobs. But I do have to say, since the Q has shown up, I don't fly the FC40 as much. But that also frees up my GoPro for other usage.

No fly-aways on my end so far. *fingers crossed!*
Sounds like a pretty awesome setup.

My next upgrade I think is going to be upgrading to a P2 shell, so i can fit dual batteries inside. I love the idea of dual batteries but don't like the appearance of having them on the exterior.

In another thread a member had posted a video on doing the swap, seems to be an under $100 upgrade that would be worth doing.‎

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4