No drones zone on Cambodia Angkor temples

Reaction score
8a7323ddb8becbedfd6d8c5ecc63a0bf.jpg

Just because the information is not useful to you it doesn't mean that is not useful for other people!

As so some many times has been stated "you are free to read (or not in this case) what ever you want!
I want to know more, for example what the instructions say that are outside your frame on the right if the sign. Can you get a permit to fly? Posting a pic of part of a sign without a story or explanation hasn't given much to read.

Thanks for posting this. Angkor has been top of my list for years. Sad that it's a no-go-zone, but I imagine that the place would be increasingly inundated, given the high rate of adoption.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I want to know more, for example what the instructions say that are outside your frame on the right if the sign. Can you get a permit to fly? Posting a pic of part of a sign without a story or explanation hasn't given much to read.

Sorry I misunderstood your post!

On the rest of the information displayed only stated that all illegal or unauthorized flights will lead to confiscation and a big fine!

I ask at the ticket windows about asking for a permit and they told me that will have to go trough apsara authority (government offices with all bureaucracy that implies)

My driver that was hearing all the conversations recommended to let it go as soon as he heard apsara authority

I did fly in the floating village, the boat driver was even more excited than me to see it fly!!

That is a very strange rule now. They allow you to go anywhere at the site. You are free to climb in or around wherever you wish which I think is much more damaging to the temple than flying a drone!

Knowing how works I bet it is more of a revenue thing. They are driven by amassing the highest profit they can, so I suspect you can get permission no problem. Question is are you willing to pay whatever fee they will require of you?

I also think that but in that case why not to make a windows where you pay the fee and get the permission? Normally people visit siem reap with just about the exact quantity of days as needed to visit the Angkor complex so imagine going to a government office to deal with anything...

Maybe it is more of a global image proprietary restriction like the one over the sixtine chapel?

Edit: I visited Cambodia from a few free days of my Thailand trip and I had to pay extra to take the drone (as almost any airlines flying are low cost) so I think it's important to have this in mind! If I would have known this I would have left it in the storage area of the Bangkok airport!

Just because the information is not useful to you it doesn't mean that is not useful for other people!

As so some many times has been stated "you are free to read (or not in this case) what ever you want!

Thanks for sharing all the info, for me it's important to know because that area was on my list to visit. It would be great to have a database on this forum from personal experiences about the countries and places to visit or not with our aircrafts.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

There is no official map given by the government of Cambodia but after flying there over a month, there isn't much restriction really. I was able to create an interpreted map based on online feedback & personal travel experiences in the country & after asking local police. Note, some temples (other than Angkor Wat) do not allow any flights above without permission. This is the case for Koh Ker Temple for e.g.

133aa2_eb77aa9567ef4cb396f09878eb4bc21c_mv2.png

Basically if you avoid these places you will be fine.. this is what I got out of it, simply awesome! :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.