No drone Zone?

Reaction score
I refurb and rebuild crashed drones. Yesterday, I bought a P4 that the owner said just lost power and dropped from the sky at about 100 ft. That's very unusual. What's more unusual is that 2 other drone flyers had the same thing happen to them on this property. He is a professional photographer and has several other drones including an Inspire 1. My impression was he is knowledgeable about drones and flying. The owner of the property had hired all these flyers to get footage but the same nasty ending seems to befall every drone. Any thoughts as to what might cause this? A preliminary assessment indicates ESC error on motors 1 and 4 which oddly enough is on the other side of the crash damage. Looks like I'll have to replace the right side ESC board.

Attachments

• 20171119_103634.jpg
    20171119_103634.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
too bad no one has replied. This sounds interesting. I tend to lean towards conspiracies, hence imagining there is someone nearby that has figured out how to take drones down without shooting them.

Yeah. No explanation yet. I did replace the shell and discovered a ribbon cable was pulled out of the connector that connects the ESC board to the flight controller hence the Esc error. The drone is a good flyer now.

Reactions: JxBx80
has anyone pulled the flight logs on the crashed drones - surely that's a better approach than trying to guess and dreaming up conspiracies :)

Reactions: ftttu

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj