No DJI GO with New IPhone

Reaction score
I've tried to get help from a few groups regarding this issue but always been given information that doesn't help.

I recently had to replace a broke iPhone 6plus and when I come to use the GO app I can't connect to the camera and the only option is "how to connect"

Originally thought it was an issue with the app update but I read somewhere about it happening when restoring a device from an iTunes backup and that you've got to wipe it and start as a new device instead of the back up.

Can someone shine some light on this because surely there's something I can do to sort it out.

Thanks in advance

I've tried to get help from a few groups regarding this issue but always been given information that doesn't help.

I recently had to replace a broke iPhone 6plus and when I come to use the GO app I can't connect to the camera and the only option is "how to connect"

Originally thought it was an issue with the app update but I read somewhere about it happening when restoring a device from an iTunes backup and that you've got to wipe it and start as a new device instead of the back up.

Can someone shine some light on this because surely there's something I can do to sort it out.

Thanks in advance
First things first, you turn on the controller, open the dji go app, plug in your iPhone, then turn on the phantom right? You can try pulling the cable out and putting it back in while the dji go app is pulled up.

secondly assuming you already do the above, rather than setup as new device why not try going to settings / general / reset / reset all settings. This will not erase everything but will make you set up some settings again.

Yes I've tried that,
•just tried resetting the settings - still no change.
•last night I did back up and wipe my phone and start as new. Installed the GO app and still couldn't connect, giving the same "how to connect" - so I restored again from my back up.

are you on 9.3.1? then just install 9.3.2 beta and Dji go app will connect again.
Same thing appened to my iphone
and resolved only by installing the beta.

are you on 9.3.1? then just install 9.3.2 beta and Dji go app will connect again.
Same thing appened to my iphone
and resolved only by installing the beta.
Oh yeah, duh! I forgot I had to do this with my iPad Pro. Too early in the morning for me (and without coffee)

Reactions: konidair
What is the 9.3.2 beta supposed to fix? Any details about the issue somewhere? (P3P, DJI GO 2.7.2 and iOS 9.3.1 are OK with my ancient almost-unsupported iPad 1...).

What is the 9.3.2 beta supposed to fix? Any details about the issue somewhere? (P3P, DJI GO 2.7.2 and iOS 9.3.1 are OK with my ancient almost-unsupported iPad 1...).
Hi Matti, have you restored from a backup or just upgraded? from my experience the problem appears only when you backup 9.3, upgrade to 9.3.1 and restore the previously made backup.
As I have written in another thread when the last DJI firmware came out, Dji live chat rep told me there was a bug with 9.3.1and DJI go app.He advised to downgrade to 9.3 and not to restore from a backup but i didn't want to lose phone setup so I went ahead and tried the beta...it's all working nicely now.
Also what do you mean by "Ipad 1" AFAIK the Dji app is not compatible with the first Ipad...
DJI GO App
Mobile Device System Requirements iOS 8.0 or later, Android 4.1.2 or later
Supported Mobile Devices * Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info konidair. AFAIR I have never restored that old iPad. So apparently the problem happens in some specific restore workflow. Hopefully 9.3.2 fixes this weird problem.

Reactions: konidair
Also what do you mean by "Ipad 1" AFAIK the Dji app is not compatible with the first Ipad...

I meant iPad mini 1. Surprisingly DJI GO app was possible to install on it a few months ago (last summer installation was refused).

...But it is quite slow and I have to set it to U.S. region so I can access custom transmission setting 4 Mbps (with the default 10Mbps the screen update is awful).

I'm getting a new iPad, maybe the new 9.7" Pro which currently has the best tablet screen.

I signed up as a developer and installed the beta.. Annnnnd it doesn't work still.
Good job I have my iPad which I haven't updated so I can get the flights I need. But this is proper getting on my nerves now.

I signed up as a developer and installed the beta.. Annnnnd it doesn't work still.
Good job I have my iPad which I haven't updated so I can get the flights I need. But this is proper getting on my nerves now.
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you removed the dji app before installing the beta? I don't know if it makes a difference but in my case I uninstalled the app before upgrading to the beta and then installed the app again.
Also, I have noticed(since yesterday) that my phone keeps telling me that the public beta 2 is available so I guess you updated to the last beta while I'm still on beta 1.
Does the device play a sound when you connect the usb cable? Have you waited long enough on the Dji go app to see if it will connect? I remember I had to wait something like 5-10 seconds before the "how to connect" button changed to "camera".
I hope you find a solution soon, this is really frustrating.

Reactions: noki49
I would go to the Apple store and let them run a diagnostic so you can figure this out. It must be something with the connection. Either way I bet they will either figure it out for you or replace your phone again.

I'm having the same problem. I followed the advise here and installed the beta. Phantom 4 will not connect to camera. When I plug the lightening plug into met iPad mini 2 the battery indicator turns green and makes the connection tone, then goes back to black as if it is being aborted.
My iPad had worked last week, however I had wiped it out in order to reset it up so all my devices would sync , to make my transfer of photo,video,and music for editing purposes. Still not having any luck. I will be contacting DJI in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would go to the Apple store and let them run a diagnostic so you can figure this out. It must be something with the connection. Either way I bet they will either figure it out for you or replace your phone again.
I don't want to have to go to apple really because the phone itself if fine, I hoped it was just the backup I restored to that was dodgy so I just restored from the iCloud but still having the same issue. Just need to remove the beta now cos as expected its buggy.

I'm having the same problem. I followed the advise here and installed the beta. Phantom 4 will not connect to camera. When I plug the lightening plug into met iPad mini 2 the battery indicator turns green and makes the connection tone, then goes back to black as if it is being aborted.
My iPad had worked last week, however I had wiped it out in order to reset it up so all my devices would sync , to make my transfer of photo,video,and music for editing purposes. Still not having any luck. I will be contacting DJI in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What I found that did work was when I connected to my iPhone to iMac and added the GO app it installed a previous version which works. But I don't want to use an old version on the newer firmware.

I don't want to have to go to apple really because the phone itself if fine, I hoped it was just the backup I restored to that was dodgy so I just restored from the iCloud but still having the same issue. Just need to remove the beta now cos as expected its buggy.
I haven't tried the beta 2 yet but beta one is working just fine on my 2 Iphone 6+. Have you tried the new Dji Go App(2.8.0)?

I went onto the live chat with DJI.. All they came back with was, we are aware that a number of users are having this problem as they have issues with iOS 9.3.1 and the app. Which is what someone has already said on here. So guess I've just got to sit and wait for them to bring out the update.
I have my iPad mini I can use but it's not the point. Shouldn't make us be the testers to find fault.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The fix for this is to do a recovery reinstall from iTunes.

Ie NOT just a wipe/erase.

You must put phone into recovery mode.
Reinstall latest iOS
Then install the apps again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic