No direct control of MC

Reaction score
Hello everybody, this is my first post and I appreciate the help I have already discovered on these boards. With that said - I will explain my issue. I purchased a Phantom v.1.1.1 on ebay. It did not come with a Tx. I bought a DJ6 transmitter from amazon pretty cheap. I binded the Tx and Rx with the sync button on the internal board inside the quad. When I startup the Naza assist software everything looks good I can see the stick movements from the remote. When I turn the Tx off and on the Quad responds with LED (so it appears to be bound). The issue is when I unplug the USB and get the quad ready to fly.. the Tx isnt spinning the motors or making the quad work at all. I have tried DBUS and PPM. It only works on DBUS (also have the 2 wires/antenna coming out of the bottom for DBUS). The transmitter has a solid red light after the original bind.
As I was writing this I looked around the Naza software some more and ran into the motor test tab. It looks like 3 of the motors will do a very brief turn as I test, except for one. It seems to be shot. Would having one bad motor cause this issue from above?? Thanks in advance!

I have a Phantom 1.2.1 and after a crash it had one bad motor, but it still responded to the controller, even though it wouldn't get off the ground. So I think the answer to your question is no. I sent it to DJI in LA to fix. It took 11 weeks or so, which is way too long, but they fixed it. Be sure to send the controller with it so they can bind it and test the two together, just to be sure. With mine, I bought it new from Amazon and DJI made good on it, saying there was a manufacturing error, but since you bought yours on eBay, I doubt you can get free service.

1. Did you calibrate the controller with the RC assistant software and then the stick input in the NAZA assistant?

2. What sequence are you using to try to start the motors and how does the Phantom's LED respond?

It's also possible that one or more of the stick channels is reversed, you can change that with the button next to each channel in the NAZA assistant that says NORM or REV.

I'd suggest checking those things before investigating the motor.

j0hnnyb0y said:
Hello everybody, this is my first post and I appreciate the help I have already discovered on these boards. With that said - I will explain my issue. I purchased a Phantom v.1.1.1 on ebay. It did not come with a Tx. I bought a DJ6 transmitter from amazon pretty cheap. I binded the Tx and Rx with the sync button on the internal board inside the quad. When I startup the Naza assist software everything looks good I can see the stick movements from the remote. When I turn the Tx off and on the Quad responds with LED (so it appears to be bound). The issue is when I unplug the USB and get the quad ready to fly.. the Tx isnt spinning the motors or making the quad work at all. I have tried DBUS and PPM. It only works on DBUS (also have the 2 wires/antenna coming out of the bottom for DBUS). The transmitter has a solid red light after the original bind.
As I was writing this I looked around the Naza software some more and ran into the motor test tab. It looks like 3 of the motors will do a very brief turn as I test, except for one. It seems to be shot. Would having one bad motor cause this issue from above?? Thanks in advance!

There is probably a reason your bird was on sale at ebay. quick answer is No. Dbus not ppm. Not enough info above to diag issue. could be how you move the sticks when you csc. good luck that sounds rude and I don't mean it to. Do you have experience getting motors to turn on? cause it sounds like you have done everything right. I did know someone who returned a phantom only to discover he was not pulling the sticks to the center when the second one was doing the same thing as the first one.

Also are you properly bound? There should be no light inside the battery compartment when you have a good connection. If it is blinking green, press it again until it goes off!

Nudge the motor during the test. Also you have to unlock the motor
. It's a high spinning prop idle

That was a year ago.

Likely moved-on since.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20