No contact. RTH works!

Reaction score
just doing some local flying less than 200 meters, clear line of sight. Suddenly no connection to aircraft. Tried switching from F to A. Tried switching on/off. RTH brought it back to my feet.. Strange...

What's strange is that you lost contact at 200 metres.
But it sounds like you had lost video signal or maybe the app locked up rather than losing contact.

I (think) rebooted/restarted everything. It went to RTH mode (which was good) and landed in front of my feet. I tried to get contact as it approach but nothing. Turned the aircraft on and off, and everything was back to normal. I use to cut professional software and I use to work for Microsoft so I do understand the fact that no code is going to be perfect.. Still is is scary, just happy that RTH worked that well!

just doing some local flying less than 200 meters, clear line of sight. Suddenly no connection to aircraft. Tried switching from F to A. Tried switching on/off. RTH brought it back to my feet.. Strange...
That's exactly what it's made for, which sounds great! but no connection at 200 metres is not that great. Were your antennas correctly oriented? Parallel and about 30deg up? I forgot to check once and I had a really bad communication.

I was pointing in the right direction, antennas about 45 degrees apart, but this was more sudden, it just happened. This (at least how I experienced it) was a pure SW failure.

I was pointing in the right direction, antennas about 45 degrees apart, but this was more sudden, it just happened. This (at least how I experienced it) was a pure SW failure.
Software failure? You can lose the app and still have full control for flying.
The app just gives you the view, it doesn't do the flight control.

Software failure? You can lose the app and still have full control for flying.
The app just gives you the view, it doesn't do the flight control.
+1 on this. APP on IOS, Android or otherwise is just a display for the most part. If you have a green light on controller, you still have control. No green light, (red), all bets are off and you hope for RTH.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20