No clickable link to register drone??

Reaction score
So, I go to the FAA's website to register my Phantom (which starts today) and there is a lot of info. but no clickable link to register. Am I missing something or this just the first day bugs we should come to expect from government?

Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Registration

Thanks!

Unable to checkout after confirmation received. Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks msinger, worked for me. Received my number in my email and at the end of the registration process.

Can't register from a Canadian IP...that sucks, kinda wanted to get it done now.:unamused:

As asked by the AMA, I'm waiting a bit to see what they work out (or not) with the faa for us AMA members. Maybe we can get the fee waived or something.

Reactions: Jimmer
As asked by the AMA, I'm waiting a bit to see what they work out (or not) with the faa for us AMA members. Maybe we can get the fee waived or something.

From what I understood there was no fee for the first month or so... or rather you paid the $5 and it was refunded shortly afterwards. This was an incentive to register early.

So I just registered mine and the weirdest thing just happened..

So after I made my payment and it showed me my confirmation number, I caused the page to go back by mistake (I use a Mac, with the Magic Mouse, so an accidental finger swipe caused it to go back). So when it went back, it took me to the profile page, but it was someone else's profile.... I logged out, logged back in and it had my correct information.

But as a web developer for the past 15+ years, it makes me wonder what sort of faulty coding they have going on. That is an awful mistake for a government website to make. I am going to try to contact them and let them know.

I did the reg, it is free. But I will wait and see if my 40 model planes all with AMA#s need this new number as well. If not great if they do then I will add a second label. No big deal, but I hope the AMA is successful in their effort.

BTW did you notice you have to agree to abide by the 400' AGL and always in visual sight regs when you click the agree button. And a few other common sense ones as well.

The B4YouFly is a great tool as well I suggest everyone download it and start using it. I have been using the Beta version for a while now and it is very informative.

I have 2 N-Numbered MRs and I will not be adding this label to them, but all my hobby models will get them unless the AMA # will do.

Done and over with.... Half of my number is of my 1st name. :)

It's a government web page. No good will come from this. $5 will quickly become $50 or more. Big brother really is watching us. I don't know what info they want but hackers will have a field day with it. Believe me I know. Even I could hack in.

Reactions: Droneted

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1