No change with 3.1

Reaction score
I just did a test flight after upgrading to 3.1 and my phantom flew exactly the same. :( Same rectangular drift when hovering. same loss of GPS lock when yawing. None of the improvements most are seeing. The only thing I can think of is that while on the screen that shows all the gain settings, I clicked Default and they all changed (to maybe pre upgrade values). Could someone who is seeing improvements with 3.1 please post their gain settings. I can then set mine to match and see if that make a diffence. Thanks.

mindbender said:
I just did a test flight after upgrading to 3.1 and my phantom flew exactly the same. :( Same rectangular drift when hovering. same loose of GPS lock when yawing. None of the improvements most are seeing. The only thing I can think of is that while on the screen that shows all the gain settings, I clicked Default and they all changed (to maybe pre upgrade values). Could someone who is seeing improvements with 3.1 please post their gain settings. I can then set mine to match and see if that make a diffence. Thanks.
I didn't see any change in mine either,they must be doing something different unless they had bad phantoms to start with.

mindbender said:
I just did a test flight after upgrading to 3.1 and my phantom flew exactly the same. :( Same rectangular drift when hovering. same loose of GPS lock when yawing. None of the improvements most are seeing. The only thing I can think of is that while on the screen that shows all the gain settings, I clicked Default and they all changed (to maybe pre upgrade values). Could someone who is seeing improvements with 3.1 please post their gain settings. I can then set mine to match and see if that make a diffence. Thanks.

gains will not help with drifting phantoms. have you done an advance calibration of your IMU through the NAZA software? also, have you re-calibrated your compass?

You'll definitely want to run the Advanced Calibration, and do the Compass calibration spin-around as well.
that should help with the drifting a bit.
But you should notice a slightly improved handling and performance. (that or there's a placebo effect where people think it's better simply because it's an update)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl